So as i said earlier the date will be August 19 for the 9900 and the other phones to be released on the 19 and 26 are the Torch 9860 (touchscreen) Torch 9810 (slider) and Curve 9360. My sources are several Telus and Bell reps in high places and the VP for marketing for Bell Canada. i got a chance to hold the torch 9860 and 9900 today and man did they look nice!!
    purijagmohan likes this.
    07-04-11 09:14 PM
    What about Rogers??
    07-04-11 09:52 PM
    can u possibly ask about US carriers?
    07-04-11 10:23 PM
    no more rumored dates.release an official timeline already for all new devices from bb to android to apple.and at&t should be the first carrier to release their timeline.no offense to other carriers,but at&t needs to get on with the program.
    07-04-11 10:24 PM
    So as i said earlier the date will be August 19 for the 9900 and the other phones to be released on the 19 and 26 are the Torch 9860 (touchscreen) Torch 9810 (slider) and Curve 9360. My sources are several Telus and Bell reps in high places and the VP for marketing for Bell Canada. i got a chance to hold the torch 9860 and 9900 today and man did they look nice!!
    Unfortunately RIM has let me down with to many FALSE dates and promises. I will just wait and see, I've gotten my hopes up high to many times.
    mustangv8 and JUSTQUAN2 like this.
    07-04-11 10:25 PM
    Just another date until my local store has them. Still betting on September for the USA and possible October
    07-05-11 05:36 AM
    I just hope when they are released that they only have minor bugs or none at all.
    07-05-11 08:06 AM
    I just hope when they are released that they only have minor bugs or none at all.
    it's good to have high expectations, but you'll be disappointed.. nothing will ever get released with 0 bugs.. just a level of acceptance..

when the product goes out to market (no matter which company releases it) will have bugs, and it's usually the first real beta test.

the more people write on these forums with bugs and issues the better it is .. you'd be surprised on how many companies troll the forums to look for bugs that they can fix.

back on topic.. i'll believe it when i see an official announcement. the Torch was suppose to be released on rogers at the end of sept 2010.. they even announced it publicly! but then it got delayed 3 more weeks
    07-05-11 08:16 AM
    it's good to have high expectations, but you'll be disappointed.. nothing will ever get released with 0 bugs.. just a level of acceptance..

when the product goes out to market (no matter which company releases it) will have bugs, and it's usually the first real beta test.

the more people write on these forums with bugs and issues the better it is .. you'd be surprised on how many companies troll the forums to look for bugs that they can fix.

back on topic.. i'll believe it when i see an official announcement. the Torch was suppose to be released on rogers at the end of sept 2010.. they even announced it publicly! but then it got delayed 3 more weeks
    Yes I know that but I can dream can't I? LOL, but I really think they need a release with only minor bugs that don't effect the core use like steady signal (check) call quality (check) web browser use that isn't slow (check), you get the idea.
    07-05-11 08:24 AM
    i spoke with someone yesterday at rogers and they were 1000% sure it would be out in August. So i'm going to believe the 19th is an accurate date.
    DeeDudnath likes this.
    07-05-11 08:25 AM
    Yes I know that but I can dream can't I? LOL, but I really think they need a release with only minor bugs that don't effect the core use like steady signal (check) call quality (check) web browser use that isn't slow (check), you get the idea.
    hahaha hey.. dreamers are the ones who accomplish great things ; > so it's not bad to dream..

and i agree they should do proper checks for those "core" things, but there is still a chance.. a team of 10 people testing a device is not nearly as effective as 1000's doing different things that can cause a lot to go wrong ; >
    07-05-11 08:28 AM
    im ready to buy!
    07-05-11 02:45 PM
    im ready to buy!
    I am on the fence, thinking about an iPhone 5 instead. If the 9900 is not available on AT&T when the iPhone 5 ships, it will be an easy decision.
    07-05-11 03:47 PM
    Why is the Torch coming out before the 9900 ? its makes me sad!
    07-05-11 04:12 PM
    Why is the Torch coming out before the 9900 ? its makes me sad!
    The Torch was not hard to deliver in comparison to new devices. Basically they are a Torch with a faster processor and later OS.
    07-05-11 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD