Im planning on switching my iphone 4 to a 9900, but everyone is saying the battery sucks doesnt even last a 12 hours and some say it lasts 24 hours??? How is that possbile when its all the same battery?

say i use it for like an hour of phone calls and like 100 messges and facebook would the battery last me atleast a day?

what is the battery life on the 9900 like compared to the 9780

had the 9780 before the iphone 4
    10-18-11 10:41 AM
    Just upgrade to the latest OS and you will have way more battery life than your iphone.
    Crackbucket likes this.
    10-18-11 11:04 AM
    Ummmmmm no....and iphone gets very very good battery life from my experience. The 99xx phone isn't quite that good.
    10-18-11 01:04 PM
    turned off browser geolocation and anonymous location information, and battery life went from about 6 hours in the office to a full 18 hour day, with a few hundred emails, other msgs in terrible reception with the latest leaked OS. turning off background location services should be stickied as a battery fix.
    10-18-11 01:11 PM
    turned off browser geolocation and anonymous location information, and battery life went from about 6 hours in the office to a full 18 hour day, with a few hundred emails, other msgs in terrible reception with the latest leaked OS. turning off background location services should be stickied as a battery fix.
    How do you turn off all the background location services? I just got my 9900 and I'm going to set it up tonight but I need to maximize the battery tomorrow for school/work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 02:29 PM
    options > location settings > location data disabled
    broswer > options > geolocation
    Crackbucket likes this.
    10-18-11 04:14 PM
    Mine goes for 18 hours aprox with the new OS from Wind .439 best OS yet.
    Crackbucket likes this.
    10-18-11 04:33 PM
    Thanks man!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 04:39 PM
    my 9900 can last two days on a single charge. as long as you close al lyour apps it work swell =)
    10-18-11 06:49 PM
    I still run the Telus stock version and I get the whole day running with many many text messages from my friends and at least 20 emails from my profs. I don't use the phone function a lot (LOL I know... its funny, but I don't remember last time I made a call from my Blackberry.) Depend on apps, OS version and even service provider the battery life experience can be different.
    10-18-11 07:00 PM
    Rogers didn't have any replacement batteries so they gave me a new phone, it used to last 6 hours now I'm getting close to 2 days. Also doing a battery pull after a charge seems to make it last longer.
    10-18-11 07:57 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I have a 9810 and I get pretty good life out of it. I am still going to try your tip to see if I can get even better!
    10-18-11 08:52 PM
    Dunno what this Rogers batt prob is your talking about, but there is a much more serious problem of 9900s getting bricked overnight, leaving you with a blank screen and slow blinking red light
    10-18-11 08:59 PM
    Rogers didn't have any replacement batteries so they gave me a new phone, it used to last 6 hours now I'm getting close to 2 days. Also doing a battery pull after a charge seems to make it last longer.
    Did you notice if the brand or any markings on the battery is different than the old one?

is there *any* way we can spot if a brand new 9900 have the "bad" family of battery in it?
    11-03-11 10:43 AM
    Mine goes for 18 hours aprox with the new OS from Wind .439 best OS yet.
    Where do I download this .439 OS for my Blackberry for the UK? I cannot find a UK link anywhere!
    11-03-11 10:59 AM
    i get 2-3 days on a full charge..with bbm texting emails a few phone calls,facebook and twitter..connected to wifi after 5pm and i keep my network on 2G all the time..im on rogers 261....
    11-03-11 01:01 PM
    I have gone from .440 to .474 OS last night, still managed 8.5 hours before the battery
    hit red today, that with socials apps polling, geolocation on. some phone use, wifi and bluetooth.

oh and permanent 3G on, no point in only having 2G when the network supports
    the higher.
    11-03-11 01:10 PM
    I have a Rogers 9900 and I get about 2 days usage out of 1 charge. I found that turning off apps' permissions to connections and location settings helped
    11-03-11 01:34 PM
    Ummmmmm no....and iphone gets very very good battery life from my experience. The 99xx phone isn't quite that good.
    Not true at all. The iPhone gets good battery life in IDLE as it doesn't allow background processes apart from a few things. But ACTUAL PHONE USAGE TIME is better on a Blackberry than the iPhone 4. I have both (and more phones). The SGSII now on the other hand is another story. Coupled with the 2000 mah battery that thing can go on forever!
    11-03-11 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD