The ringer speaker seems to be blown on my phone. It works, but it's very distorted. Anyone experience this? Anyone try repairing it? I looked on youtube, but none of the disassembly videos covered the speaker.
    06-04-13 12:36 PM
    The ringer speaker seems to be blown on my phone. It works, but it's very distorted. Anyone experience this? Anyone try repairing it? I looked on youtube, but none of the disassembly videos covered the speaker.
    Are you sure it's a hardware problem and not a corrupted audio driver or something similar? Personally I would try backing up the phone, wiping it clean and reloading the OS before disassembling it.

NOTE: after restoring the OS, test the audio BEFORE and AFTER restoring your backup in case the corrupted setting is restored as well.
    06-04-13 12:45 PM
    Also, seeing as Z10's have only been on the market for 4 months, I don't even have to ask if it's still under warranty.. they all are. Sooo if it is actually a physical problem with the speaker, why wouldn't you send it in for warranty service instead of taking it apart yourself?

Don't get me wrong.. I've taken apart my fair share of blackberry's.. I'm not apposed to it, but not when they are still under warranty.
    06-04-13 12:48 PM
    Where did you get the idea this was a z10? It's a bold, which is why I'm posting in the bold forum.
    JC61 likes this.
    06-04-13 01:40 PM
    Where did you get the idea this was a z10? It's a bold, which is why I'm posting in the bold forum.
    My mistake. I'm not sure why I thought it was in the Z10 forum. The CB10 app doesn't show which forum a thread is in, just the title.

My first comment still stands about going to software route first. If that fails, and your bold is out of warranty then you're on the right track.. without knowing which model of bold I can't give you any specific pointers in removing the speaker.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 02:12 PM
    My speaker blew 3 weeks ago also. Had phone set to loud ring and the rest is history. Bought a new one from ebay for a couple bucks but it ended up being wrong size once I disassembled phone. Wish I could find the right part or someway of fixing because I don't want to change phone for a long time. I love the 9930!
    06-05-13 04:47 AM
    As indicated in my signature, I have a Bold 9900, and I'm looking for instructions for replacing the speakerphone / ringer speaker, not the earphone speaker. I've seen disassembly videos, but none of them go to the beyond major components. Also, I haven't seen any parts suppliers for the speakerphone / ringer speaker. If you know about either, please post.
    06-06-13 09:40 AM
    I found a place, called Vancell Phone Repairs (vancell.ca), which replaced the blown speaker for $40, including a 6 month warranty. They did the job very quickly and professionally. They have a location in Vancouver and Port Moody.
    06-17-13 10:20 AM
    I found a place, called Vancell Phone Repairs (vancell.ca), which replaced the blown speaker for $40, including a 6 month warranty. They did the job very quickly and professionally. They have a location in Vancouver and Port Moody.
    Here's the one I bought off ebay. Got the phone all apart and it seems to be the wrong damn size.

Blackberry Bold 9900 9930 Genuine Loud Speaker Replacement Parts Canada | eBay

The speaker I need to replace is for speaker phone, music, etc. At loud volumes it crackles and is not of good quality. I realize that this is near the bottom of the device...but how do I get at it??? I had the device completely apart. It seems to be in a plastic housing and I don't know how I take it apart to get access to the actual speaker. Does cleaning it do any good?
    07-09-13 12:19 AM