I swear purchasing the 9930 then having it bricked is the worst decision i have ever made on technology 600 dollars out my azz!
    01-12-12 08:51 PM
    Just a few negative people stiring the pot and resonating with others who are prone to negativity.

If any problems the phone had were firmware than plugging your phone into your computer and letting DM update the phone will fix that. Att was the last to introduce the phone, and they have updated the OS how many times?

If there was a hardware issue than I think it is safe to assume purchasing a unit now would be a safe bet since the units began pouring into the market place last summer. No one manufacturing location was ever pin pointed as having brick issues.

If you remove all the "I didn't feel like updating my OS" people and all the "I'm on my 5th unit" people since they are obviously doing everything they can to encounter a problem, then what are you left with?

For the negativity groupies who never even owned one of these phones you end up with a "cow pie" in one hand and "want" in the other hand. Which one weighs more?
    You have way too much free time.
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    01-13-12 12:06 AM
    You have way too much free time.
    Did you have a point to make? I think I made quite a few.
    01-13-12 06:26 AM
    7.1 seems to have no reports of java errors.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-a-688224-new/

I'm not convinced. I'm still in a holding pattern with my upgrade.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-13-12 at 06:41 AM.
    01-13-12 06:37 AM
    Show me a Blackberry where no one ever had a Java error.

Like I said, negativity for the sake of being negative.
    01-13-12 06:41 AM
    Yeah, I'm just posting to be negative. Get a clue. I, and others, are waiting to upgrade to this device. Why can't you understand that?

Java error, brick, nuke..I don't give a damn what you want to label it. If the phone stops working it is not acceptable.

That thread clearly shows 99xxs bricking, nuking, rebooting on 7.1.

Listen, I'm not calling your mother ugly. Stop taking this so personally. I'm not attacking RIM. I just want the 9930 to work so I can upgrade to it!

I'm not comparing the 99xx to other BlackBerry devices. I'm not comparing it to iPhone or Andoid. That's stupid. Saying, well the 9930 bricks less than the 9630, so it's ok. Seriously?
    D_Town likes this.
    01-13-12 06:45 AM
    Surprise, surprise. Yet ANOTHER 99xx rebooting, nuking, error thread. I guess it's just all 99xx owners posting just to be negative ,right?

A big conspiracy against RIM.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...66#post7025466
    01-13-12 06:51 AM
    @chrisy520 the thing is your defending us 99XX bricked people and you havent even upgraded yet lol thanks! I have the right to be negative blue eyez because i DO have a $600 dollar phone that is useless!
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 01-13-12 at 10:38 AM. Reason: language
    01-13-12 07:15 AM
    Yeah, I'm just posting to be negative. Get a clue. I, and others, are waiting to upgrade to this device. Why can't you understand that?

Java error, brick, nuke..I don't give a damn what you want to label it. If the phone stops working it is not acceptable.

That thread clearly shows 99xxs bricking, nuking, rebooting on 7.1.

Listen, I'm not calling your mother ugly. Stop taking this so personally. I'm not attacking RIM. I just want the 9930 to work so I can upgrade to it!

I'm not comparing the 99xx to other BlackBerry devices. I'm not comparing it to iPhone or Andoid. That's stupid. Saying, well the 9930 bricks less than the 9630, so it's ok. Seriously?
    There should be no argument here, Chrisy is a 1000% right she has a working 9650 and only a moron would buy this 99xx knowing that so many serious, serious problem exsit. Currently there is no reason to think that the problem is solved. Everything written is speculation, even from the Forum Moderators. Based on what logic, would any rational person buy this phone, when cell phones have become an indespensable part of life. As I have stated many times in many post, you would have to be a moron to buy this phone in the current climate. When I bought mine I had no idea this problem existed. If I did I would have done exactly what chrisy is doing !!
    I became a member of CB during all the OCD posts about crooked trackpads and other cosmetic bulls**t. I listened to how you guys took phones apart to added shims under here or there. In reality RIM should have made it right from the beginning. Either your in denial or you been drinking the RIM Kool-Aid so long you have lost all rational thought.

Sorry for any Typos or grammar.
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    01-13-12 08:11 AM
    @chrisy520
    Why is it effing useless? Can you explain? Why haven't you taken advantage of the warranty exchange? Have you tried reviving it using the howto's we've all contributed to?
    01-13-12 08:17 AM
    There must be someone from RIM reading this thread or someone from RIM responsible to gather responses from users at fora like CrackBerry.

So I just wonder why RIM is still keeping silence about this BIG BIG ISSUE after so long?

Are they no more serious about customer care?
    01-13-12 08:30 AM
    Mine has bricked three times. Each time because of a battery pull.:-(
    01-13-12 09:21 AM
    And i has done it with two OS versions. And it happened while I was on the highway, which was super dangerous for me.
    01-13-12 09:23 AM
    Surprise, surprise. Yet ANOTHER 99xx rebooting, nuking, error thread. I guess it's just all 99xx owners posting just to be negative ,right?

A big conspiracy against RIM.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...66#post7025466
    It's really no skin off my back should you decide to upgrade or not, but it seems to me that you are looking for any reason to not get an 99xx. There are always going to be issues with all phones (let alone brand new iterations). I work for a tier 1 carrier, and can see internal notices of all major/minor problems client care should be aware of, and besides the initial dead battery issue, there has been absolutely nothing relating to the 99xx. The truth is that issues/returns are in-line with expected.

Who knows, something could change in the future, but as it stands you have as much chance of getting a lemon Bold as you do just about any phone. Either way, that's what the warranty is for...

There must be someone from RIM reading this thread or someone from RIM responsible to gather responses from users at fora like CrackBerry.

So I just wonder why RIM is still keeping silence about this BIG BIG ISSUE after so long?

The number of affected devices is not nearly enough to warrant RIM taking any major action. Trust me, the 1st thing an OEM would do if there was any major issue, would be to notify the carriers so they can properly handle customer support. As I mentioned above, nothing has been communicated to date. You can believe conspiracy if you want, but as with most such circumstances, it's the simplest answer (which in this case is that the numbers of affected units are inconsequential).

As been said many times, people can easily loose perspective if all they look at are the posts in these forums.
    01-13-12 09:30 AM
    Right now RIM is more worried about their blackberry limo to drunk reporters than fixing the bricking issue.

They try to distort reality, unfortunatly this chart shows that their are on the bottom of the list in satisfaction.

01-13-12 09:44 AM
    There should be no argument here, Chrisy is a 1000% right she has a working 9650 and only a moron would buy this 99xx knowing that so many serious, serious problem exsit. Currently there is no reason to think that the problem is solved. Everything written is speculation, even from the Forum Moderators. Based on what logic, would any rational person buy this phone, when cell phones have become an indespensable part of life. As I have stated many times in many post, you would have to be a moron to buy this phone in the current climate. When I bought mine I had no idea this problem existed. If I did I would have done exactly what chrisy is doing !!
    I became a member of CB during all the OCD posts about crooked trackpads and other cosmetic bulls**t. I listened to how you guys took phones apart to added shims under here or there. In reality RIM should have made it right from the beginning. Either your in denial or you been drinking the RIM Kool-Aid so long you have lost all rational thought.

If I could right now, I'd upgrade in a heartbeat. Everyone has the right to judge the issue for themselves, and discern how large a problem it is. No one should be considered a "moron", for getting a Bold Touch.

Maybe because it's not as big an issue, as our forum would make it appear.

Mine has bricked three times. Each time because of a battery pull.:-(
    That's not a brick, that's a nuke. Not good at all, but let's get the terminology right. You cannot under any conditions recover a bricked device.

And i has done it with two OS versions. And it happened while I was on the highway, which was super dangerous for me.
    I'm completely lost here. Using your phone while driving would be the dangerous thing.

Right now RIM is more worried about their blackberry limo to drunk reporters than fixing the bricking issue.

They try to distort reality, unfortunatly this chart shows that their are on the bottom of the list in satisfaction.

Click to view quoted image
    I just have to shake my head at that. Unless.......... the marketing department is writing our software. Maybe that is the problem.

How about a different survey, from another well known entity, JD Powers?

Shows RIM isn't lagging too far behind the industry average. Not bad considering most users don't have a newer model, and until the OS7 phones came out, we all know how far behind the competition they've been. Oh, and Apple being on top? Well, we all know how dedicated they're base is. Doesn't surprise me at all. And that's not to ditz on Apple, they do make a quality product.[/IMG]
    01-13-12 10:57 AM
    It's really no skin off my back should you decide to upgrade or not, but it seems to me that you are looking for any reason to not get an 99xx. There are always going to be issues with all phones (let alone brand new iterations). I work for a tier 1 carrier, and can see internal notices of all major/minor problems client care should be aware of, and besides the initial dead battery issue, there has been absolutely nothing relating to the 99xx. The truth is that issues/returns are in-line with expected.

Who knows, something could change in the future, but as it stands you have as much chance of getting a lemon Bold as you do just about any phone. Either way, that's what the warranty is for...

The number of affected devices is not nearly enough to warrant RIM taking any major action. Trust me, the 1st thing an OEM would do if there was any major issue, would be to notify the carriers so they can properly handle customer support. As I mentioned above, nothing has been communicated to date. You can believe conspiracy if you want, but as with most such circumstances, it's the simplest answer (which in this case is that the numbers of affected units are inconsequential).

As been said many times, people can easily loose perspective if all they look at are the posts in these forums.
    "Looking for any reason to NOT get a 9930"

On the contrary. I read the forums every day in hopes a new OS is released, the batteries or hardware are deemed defective and exchanged because I WANT to get a 9930. This 9650 is stable for sure but it is so slow! I'd love a touch screen, better browser etc.

I don't have to wait for the 9930. I could upgrade to any phone at any time right now. I can get an iP4 for $40 with my upgrade. Tempting.

As I typed this my 9650 showed the spinning clock for 2 minutes. So, yeah, I really, really want the 99xx's to be stable... and soon!

I just started college and I work. I don't have time to load OSs and try to fix my device should it fail. I don't want to have to even think about it nuking.

Glitches, issues and bugs are one thing. I'm reasonable. I know all electronics have bugs. I've overlooked many glitches without complaining on here. My 9630 had a ton that I delt with as did my Android. But having the device useless as in bricked, nuked is not acceptable.

I'm not home most of the time so I certainly wouldn't want my device to cease to function randomly when I'm away.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-13-12 at 05:45 PM.
    01-13-12 05:37 PM

On the contrary. I read the forums every day in hopes a new OS is released, the batteries or hardware are deemed defective and exchanged because I WANT to get a 9930. This 9650 is stable for sure but it is so slow! I'd love a touch screen, better browser etc.

I don't have to wait for the 9930. I could upgrade to any phone at any time right now. I can get an iP4 for $40 with my upgrade. Tempting.

As I typed this my 9650 showed the spinning clock for 2 minutes. So, yeah, I really, really want the 99xx's to be stable... and soon!

I just started college and I work. I don't have time to load OSs and try to fix my device should it fail. I don't want to have to even think about it nuking.

Glitches, issues and bugs are one thing. I'm reasonable. I know all electronics have bugs. I've overlooked many glitches without complaining on here. My 9630 had a ton that I delt with as did my Android. But having the device useless as in bricked, nuked is not acceptable.

I'm not home most of the time so I certainly wouldn't want my device to cease to function randomly when I'm away.
    Let's take the plunge together. I just got a free 9900 (did not even cost me an upgrade slot) and can always go back to my very fine 9700 by moving the SIM. So I will give it a shot. Wanna join me?
    01-13-12 05:51 PM

That explains a good deal, now I see your dilemma. Can't really skirt that unless you want to cart around a laptop "just in case". The two times mine nuked I was at home and was only out a grand total of ~40 minutes usage.
    Last edited by Reubechs; 01-13-12 at 06:25 PM.
    01-13-12 05:54 PM
    It amazes me how many faithful here will back a phone that has had so many problems, rather a nuke, brick or whatever the case.

I can understand certain things people gripping about to much, like a squeak here a creak there or a tilted trackpad. But a brick like this is unexceptionable IMO. It is pretty widebase and well known, not only on this forum, but others. Heck even the store Manager at T-Mobile told me about these issues, granted I know him.

I want a 9900 as much as the next RIM faithful, but not while these issues are going on.

Some of ya will go to your deathbed to validate this issue, or lack of one.....

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-13-12 05:56 PM
    Did any one try this:
    1. Your device bricked in OS 7.0
    2. You recover it successfully with OS 7.1
    3. You downgrade to 7.0 and it still work.
    Certainly, step 3 give you a risk, high risk. But I think it worth!

My 9860 still dead, but once I can recover with new OS, I will try!
    01-13-12 11:12 PM
    Report that they haven't had a random re boot, nuke or brick on that OS.

Then I'll upgrade. Seems reasonable and logical to me.

Much better than just hoping my 9930 is a good one.
    I can report that I have had zero random reboots, nukings or brickings on 7.1
    01-14-12 03:33 PM

You are in no position to call anyone a moron.
    01-14-12 03:36 PM
    I'm hoping to hear this more often. Thanks!
    01-14-12 03:45 PM
    As can many with OS 7. Post hoc,...
    01-14-12 03:45 PM
201 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD