Hello,

I jumped shipped about a year ago, and I have never once had the stability of the Blackberry, currently I have the HTC Sensation 4G. I have a few questions.

Apps:
    I am not a app junkie, I have a few apps that work well, I need a twitter app, Facebook app, google news, and a navigation app. Finally I was wondering if there is a mobile hotspot application or hack to enable it because I use it frequently.

Camera:
    I am used to the best camera available, I like clear, sharp photos that are high quality and can be zoomed in to high detail and focused so that i can see anything.

Let me know please because I would like to come back.

Technology-Buzz
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-23-12 02:50 PM
    There is Twitter, Facebook, BlackBerry News (or BeReader), BlackBerry Traffic and Maps.

If you like to take a lot of close up detailed photos, get one of the models that has auto-focus. The Bold 99xx does not. I have a 9850 and the camera is really good. 9810 also has AF.

OS 7.1 has hotspot too. So you are all covered.
    04-23-12 02:54 PM
    hi, first of all i came back from both iphone4s and galaxys2. and i gotta say blackberry bold 9900 is the deal man.

those apps you listed, twitter, facebook all work well. navi is so-so no build in turn by turn.

camera is very clear and extremely great quality. best resolution is 5MP and the bold 9900 doesnt have autofocus. so recording video is really nice but up close image such as capturing fonts isn`t so great.

if you want hotspot, i advice you upgrade the OS to 7.1 and there you have it
    gmoneyyo likes this.
    04-23-12 02:55 PM
    BlackBerry Traffic does offer Turn by Turn directions for free. I just used it yesterday.
    Chrisy and Mr.Monty like this.
    04-23-12 02:59 PM
    BlackBerry Traffic does offer Turn by Turn directions for free. I just used it yesterday.
    Yep. And it has voice guidance as well.
    04-23-12 03:10 PM
    Camera:
    I am used to the best camera available, I like clear, sharp photos that are high quality and can be zoomed in to high detail and focused so that i can see anything.

Technology-Buzz
    If you want perfect detail in a picture that will need some megapixels, 8 at least. Take a look at some sample shots in the web for 98xx series phones. Then look at 8mp phones (iPhone 4s, HTC One X, Lumia 900, Galaxy s2.....). You might wanna consider HTC Titan II with that 16mp sensor! Or just go crazy and checkout the Nokia Pureview 808 with a whopping 41mp camera!

Hello,

Finally I was wondering if there is a mobile hotspot application or hack to enable it because I use it frequently.

Technology-Buzz
    Mobile Hotspot is baked into 7.1 OS
    04-23-12 03:15 PM
    I did not know this. Thanks!
    04-23-12 03:28 PM
    BB Traffic is so awesome - so many features. use it to back up my Garmin GPS Unit on the windshield.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    04-23-12 03:37 PM
    Thanks, for pictures, I don't want perfection want it to look good, I am on T-Mobile. I could live without perfect text on images. I was impressed by the Bold 9700, how is this in comparison?
    04-23-12 04:10 PM
    Thanks, for pictures, I don't want perfection want it to look good, I am on T-Mobile. I could live without perfect text on images. I was impressed by the Bold 9700, how is this in comparison?
    Bold 9700 has 3.2 mp camera with autofocus. 9900 has a 5 mp EDOEF camera.

Sample 99xx shots: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-world-638430/
    04-23-12 04:22 PM
    Thanks for all of your help, I use my main phone as my Camera, and some of the photos are grainy and T-Moblie has no phones with auto focus, so I don't think that I am going to be able to switch back. When you guys take pictures are you disappointed, if you can I have looked through the picture forum, could you take a picture of text, screen or document, and a picture of outdoors? Thanks
    Last edited by technology-buzz; 04-23-12 at 06:28 PM.
    04-23-12 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD