Just wanted to mention again, the feeling you get when you return to 9900 is not only there when coming back from another platform like Android, but also when coming back from Z10, and I am not talking about lack of keyboard, -my guess is it would very much apply to Q10 as well-, it's the whole 9900 and OS 7 experience, so regardless of what other phone one gets, if they love their 9900 (or loved 9700 and want something better) there is no leaving.

I am sure OS10 will get there one day, but today is not that day.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    I got to agree. While OS10 has added a lot of nice features and speeds certain things (like the browser) up quite a bit, there are still just a bit too many features missing that we had in OS7 to regret the move (at least for how I used my previous BB's).

I was thinking it would be a waste getting a 9900 again after selling mine to help pay for the Z10 but with the Z10 gone (not enough in it for me to keep it as I already have a touchscreen phone as a backup) and not liking everything I've read about the Q10 (no homescreen shortcuts!?!) or the price ($650 is really too much), I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet and get another 9900 (or maybe a 9790 as you can get them brand new off contract for $200 now) and try again with OS10 in a year or so. Hopefully by then they'll have worked out the bugs and reintroduced more of the functionality they removed (or didn't yet implement depending on how you look at it) from BBOS.

It doesn't pay to be an early adopter... Or at least I'd rather deal with the frustrations that I know of with the older BB's (like battery pulls and maybe doing clean software installs from time to time, slower browsing), then with the new frustrations (finding out 'what do you mean I can't do that, my older BB could! - and when that old way wasn't just "different", but better, that is frustrating!).
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    05-02-13 06:18 AM
    personally, i find the battery pulls a pain in the ***, and the mandatory reboots after deleting apps is even more of a pain in the ***

however i do agree that some time is needed before the OS10 completely matures. till then i will be using my 9900 or switch to a android phone, but i love the keyboard on the 9900 too much....

05-02-13 07:45 AM
    I so want a 9990, it would be my first BB, I have a feeling I would LOVE it as well!!
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    05-02-13 10:20 AM
    Hopefully by then they'll have worked out the bugs and reintroduced more of the functionality they removed (or didn't yet implement depending on how you look at it) from BBOS.

It doesn't pay to be an early adopter... Or at least I'd rather deal with the frustrations that I know of with the older BB's (like battery pulls and maybe doing clean software installs from time to time, slower browsing), then with the new frustrations (finding out 'what do you mean I can't do that, my older BB could! - and when that old way wasn't just "different", but better, that is frustrating!).
    Exactly.. The problem is, if you don't care about most of the stuff that Z10 is missing from 9900, one might as well get an android or iphone or even windows phone. Z10 went back to carrier pretty fast for me.
    Hopefully by then they'll have worked out the bugs and reintroduced more of the functionality they removed (or didn't yet implement depending on how you look at it) from BBOS.

(or maybe a 9790 as you can get them brand new off contract for $200 now)
    WHERE?! When.. let me get one now..

personally, i find the battery pulls a pain in the ***, and the mandatory reboots after deleting apps is even more of a pain in the ***

however i do agree that some time is needed before the OS10 completely matures. till then i will be using my 9900 or switch to a android phone, but i love the keyboard on the 9900 too much....

not really mandatory, it says it will be deleted when restarts, does not say YOU MUST RESTART NOW.
    I don't pull battery, never did since I got my 9900, just do a keyboard restart.
    I have only one serious bug in mine, which is the email attachments randomly stops downloading... gotta find a fix to that.. [edit] looks like there is an update on AT&T website, this may fix it.
    Last edited by heading4tomorrow; 05-02-13 at 04:14 PM.
    05-02-13 04:00 PM
    hahaha
    it keeps asking me to reboot, everytime i would launch the app world.

i wish there was a way to install android on blackberry phones and maybe dual boot them or something...

but even with the reboots and all, blackberrys are more reliable than any other phone.

OS10's reliability is yet to be proven ^_^

05-02-13 11:50 PM
30 12