i am coming from a storm 2 and if i decide i dont like the 9930 can i take it back to the store if i purchased it online. Also how long do I get to return it?

thanks
    08-17-11 08:26 PM
    I'm assuming Verizon. You have 14 days to return to the place of purchase, in this case, you'll just mail it back to Verizon in their provided packaging and label.

There is also a $35 restocking fee.
    08-17-11 08:28 PM
    It's 30 days if you're in California btw. Also I believe the restocking fee only applies if you activated the device.
    08-17-11 08:29 PM
    It's 30 days if you're in California btw. Also I believe the restocking fee only applies if you activated the device.
    It's 30 days for contract termination without paying ETF. Product returns are still 14 days.
    08-17-11 08:34 PM
    yes it is verizon, so 14 days and i have to send it back thru the mail, ok thanks you all
    08-17-11 08:39 PM
    It's 30 days for contract termination without paying ETF. Product returns are still 14 days.
    ^THIS....don't let them talk you into keeping it past 14 days if you intend to return without ETF....I've heard of a few instances where' this has happened...terrible..
    08-17-11 08:41 PM
    After looking on Verizon and doing some googling, I suppose it's 14 days for contract AND product returns. No more 30 days even in California it seems.

Consumers - Refund Policies - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

It's up to the store, as long as they clearly state it to the customer. By law it's 30 days IF there is no information for the customer.

Government can't control business return policies as long as return policies are made clear to the customers.

Sprint right now has the best customer satisfaction policy. 30 days and they'll refund every penny including activation, taxes and all monthly charges.
    08-17-11 08:41 PM
    Wonder how they managed to swing that... Most of the other carriers still do 30 days in California...

They USED to have to abide by the 30 day rule no matter what, but it seems like that may have changed...
    08-17-11 08:42 PM
    Wonder how they managed to swing that... Most of the other carriers still do 30 days in California...

They USED to have to abide by the 30 day rule no matter what, but it seems like that may have changed...
    Yeah I really have no idea but I remember years back it was 21 days to return/exchange on Verizon.
    08-17-11 10:02 PM
    Yep

You may terminate service for any reason within 14 days of activation. If you purchased a wireless device at a promotional price at the time of activation, you must return it within the device return period to avoid being assessed an Early Termination Fee of $175, or $350 if you purchased an Advanced Device. You will remain responsible for your Activation Fee unless you terminate service within three days of activation. You will also be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges that accrued to your account through the termination date. If you paid a security deposit, it may take between 30 and 60 days to process the return of your security deposit. The charges for any service used on the account before the service termination date may be applied against your security deposit.

If you cancel your service after the 14-day period, but prior to the expiration of your minimum term, you will be responsible for all of the above-mentioned charges, including an Early Termination Fee.
    08-17-11 10:10 PM
    Don't worry though....I came from a Storm 2 also....no way I'm going back to that now!
    08-17-11 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD