Anyone had an issue with restoring email to a device but the emails from the backup end up dumped in the 'messages' folder and won't go back into there correct email account?

I changed contracts today and setup made me verify my email accounts (All fine) but it then decided to delete and recreate them for me without telling me and in the process lost all my 6000+ email items from 2 mail boxes.

Is there any way to get the backup to restore to the correct mail account or am i wasting my time?
    04-02-14 02:53 PM
    Anyone had an issue with restoring email to a device but the emails from the backup end up dumped in the 'messages' folder and won't go back into there correct email account?

I changed contracts today and setup made me verify my email accounts (All fine) but it then decided to delete and recreate them for me without telling me and in the process lost all my 6000+ email items from 2 mail boxes.

Is there any way to get the backup to restore to the correct mail account or am i wasting my time?
    I would think that a "restore all data" would restore your emails as they were.
    04-05-14 06:38 AM
    changed contracts? or changed devices. bbos to a bb10 device? more info is needed.
    04-05-14 07:44 AM
    No - changed SIM's same device.

email was all setup and working with o2 chip. Put in new T-mob chip it askes me to verify my email accounts (all ok) expect it deleted my email and set them back up for me leaving me with empty message folders.

set all the correct email's back up and did a selective restore of messages - all messages end up being dumped in the 'messages' folder and you cant move them or reply to them from there only view 6000+ old emails.

This is all on the same BBOS7 9900 Bold device. Nothing has been switched besides the sim cards which caused this mess in the 1st place.

I'm now left whenever I restore backup's to the phone email is all dumped into the default messages folder and not the relevant email account.
    04-05-14 08:37 AM
    When you check the email accounts online, are all the emails there?
    04-05-14 08:44 AM
    Both account the answer is yes .

One is a gmail account the other is a work IMAP account

All messages are on the server but its almost like the restore doesn't know what account ID the messages belong too and thus dumps them all in the generic 'messages' folder (the same place PIN messages come to). If i get the phone in that state with all 6000 messages restored to the device when I open an email from that folder I can't reply or forward or anything - I can view the message, and edit the message as if I was going to reply/forward but then done get the sending options.

If I fully delete the offending email account and setup from scratch it will sync the first 20 emails but nothing after (Which is the known limitation) but I would expect to be able to restore everything (6000+ messages) from backup to the correct account/folder on the phone but alas not.

The various options are set correctly (for where I want my email/text/messages to all go, and my default accounts are correctly set as well).
    04-05-14 09:10 AM
    anyone? or should I just give up now?
    04-15-14 04:22 PM
    Did you change the option to separate your email accounts so they don't all get dumped in the messages folder?
    04-15-14 04:24 PM
    Yep - not that either.

Its almost like the backup files refer to an invalid email account on the phone, thus the phone don't know what to do with them and dumps them all back in the messages folder.

To be honest I've almost given up now and will have to live without device access to all those emails.
    04-17-14 04:11 PM