Is there a way to push emails on my comcast account back to my blackberry? I performed a sync and a backup today, however I believe some of my emails got deleted as my phone is only showing emails from today thru Sept 10. Is there a way to push existing emails in my comcast folder back onto my BB ?

I tried a restore of an older version, but not all emails are on there as it was from a few weeks ago.

Thanks
    09-22-12 04:51 PM
    Is there a way to push emails on my comcast account back to my blackberry? I performed a sync and a backup today, however I believe some of my emails got deleted as my phone is only showing emails from today thru Sept 10. Is there a way to push existing emails in my comcast folder back onto my BB ?

I tried a restore of an older version, but not all emails are on there as it was from a few weeks ago.

Thanks
    I don't really know but one way I know it would work is if you went on your computer and added all the emails to the spam folder. Then go into spam THEN click "NOT SPAM" on the emails and they'll go back into your inbox and your phone will get the email. I've done this a few times and it works. It just seems weird having to send it to spam
    09-22-12 05:54 PM
    Go to the accounts website and mark the emails you want to receive on your bb "mark as unread".
    09-22-12 08:34 PM
    I tried both techniques and neither worked. Any other ideas? Would deleting the email account on my bb, then set it up again work perhaps?
    09-23-12 07:20 AM
    delete account from BB
    delete all emails from the email account, do NOT purge them from you deleted folder.
    re add email account to BB
    restore email from the deleted folder into the INBOX
    sit back and watch them be pushed back to your berry.

But honestly, why?
    BuddyC_cb likes this.
    09-23-12 08:01 AM
    I will give that a try. I need the emails on my BB for reference etc...some reason when I did a backup and sync yesterday I can only access emails from the past 2 weeks
    09-23-12 08:04 AM
    You can always just forward the emails to yourself so you receive them again on your BB, giving the opportunity to Save them this time.
    09-23-12 08:14 AM
    I could forward them to myself, which I will try if deleting the acct doesn't work. I'd like to keep the original sender on the email when searching for the emails. Thanks for the advice, will try these suggestions today
    09-23-12 08:27 AM
    Just remember to actually Save them this time!

In case you're not aware, in Messages list, clicking the V key will display all Saved Messages
    If you use Application Shortcuts, V from Home Screen will also open Saved Messages.
    And of course you can just create Categories as well.
    09-23-12 09:37 AM
    Well I spent some time last night, and finally got some of my emails back onto my BB. I think the origin of the issue was when I went to sync my phone and laptop, for some reason I believe there was message stating the data on the device or computer was old, and it seemed to have wiped data on my inbox. So now the email in my Comcast inbox is slightly different than the email in Entourage (Mac) and my BB. Got some of it back, so it will take some time to sift through and get things back.

Thanks for the help!
    09-24-12 07:02 AM
    So now I'm going through my emails and deleting as needed from my inbox on my computer, however they're not deleting on my BB. Is there a setting I'm missing? I know it can take a little time to remove, but there were some this morning I deleted that are remaining on my BB. Thoughts?
    09-24-12 09:31 PM
    Any thoughts or help as to the reason for when I delete an email on my account and its not being deleted on my BB as well? I didn't have this issue prior to email mixup I had recently so trying to get things in order.
    09-25-12 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD