I want to restore the phone (verizon 9930) to the OS and software it came with. Not simply 'wiping' what's on the phone now, but back to the ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING.

Wiping the phone doesn't seem to help many problems. I wiped it and now my Application memory is almost GONE despite way less apps and NO files (supposedly) and my exchange email doesn't work.

I want the phone to boot as if I just pulled it out of the box. Is there any way to do this?
    09-25-12 05:09 PM
    I want to restore the phone (verizon 9930) to the OS and software it came with...
    No... you don't.
    Come back and tell us what problems you're actually experiencing, and I'm sure we can help.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-25-12 05:22 PM
    For one, I have only 85 MB of app data storage. I dont understand it, the phone was wiped with 50 apps on it and 125-150MB storage. Now, reinstalled 25 or so apps, and way less storage. Why is the 'system' using so much of my app data space and how do I reclaim it?

For two, I can't access my Exchange email. Before wipe, no problem. Used email address and password, BB figured it all out. Now, on the phone, errors out a couple times, then gives me the option to enter settings, which I do, and still doesn't work. The settings are fine, used them on Nexus 7 tablet, the worked before, straight from IT guys.

It's not an enterprise phone, it's my personal phone. I tried to set email up through BIS, but it won't let me make an account. I try to set it up online and it says, 'Must set up from phone email setup'. I tried to say I have an account, but forgot password and it emails me my password...NOTHING! BLANK!

I went so far as to make a BB Management Center account and added myself as a user. I was able to add another web based exchange account through that method, BUT NOT THE ONE THAT WAS ON THE PHONE prior!??

IT guys say they impose no restrictions. No PINs, etc. It is NOT SSL, and if you sign in through a web page it always says 'problem with certificate, do you want to proceed'. That shouldn't be a problem now, it wasn't before.

So, can't access email, can't reclaim memory. I swear there's something 'stuck' in the phone settings that is not accessible to myself...and is preventing re-accessing an account which I ALREADY HAD.
    09-25-12 05:46 PM
    I can't help with the memory issue, but as to the other, try resending your service books. After a wipe, you usually need to do this.
    09-26-12 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD