So with the holidays now here, I have been getting a lot of texts with multiple recipients. My problem is when I reply, it only goes to the sender and sender only. The rest of the people who got the original text, do not see my reply.

Even when I open the text, hit menu, and select show recipients, it only shows the sender and not the group of people who received the text.

Am I missing something? I feel like the answer to my problem is super simple, yet I cannot find the solution! Please advise, thanks in advance!
    11-23-11 04:15 PM
    From the email, menu->reply all
    11-23-11 04:33 PM
    Thanks! But this is for text messages, not email.
    11-23-11 04:35 PM
    Texts are person to person, one sender, one recipient. If you send a text to multiple recipients, your phone in practice sends a separate text to each recipient. In fact, I don't believe that you can see any other recipients on an incoming text, so you've no way of knowing exactly who received it when you did, and nor does your carrier.
    11-23-11 05:14 PM
    Texts are person to person, one sender, one recipient. If you send a text to multiple recipients, your phone in practice sends a separate text to each recipient. In fact, I don't believe that you can see any other recipients on an incoming text, so you've no way of knowing exactly who received it when you did, and nor does your carrier.
    Not true on OS 7. If you have MMS mode enabled in the settings, then you will be able to reply to all in a group SMS.

Open SMS, press the Menu button, select Options, make sure the first item is set to "Automatic".
    11-23-11 06:06 PM
    Not true on OS 7. If you have MMS mode enabled in the settings, then you will be able to reply to all in a group SMS.

Open SMS, press the Menu button, select Options, make sure the first item is set to "Automatic".

i dont see that in the menu. the first item is "conversation style"
    11-25-11 09:06 PM
    i dont see that in the menu. the first item is "conversation style"
    It 'should' be there...

11-25-11 09:21 PM
    Sucks...I dont have that option. Is it because I'm on Sprint?!
    11-28-11 09:38 PM
    It 'should' be there...

Click to view quoted image
    I found something interesting. There is an option where you can choose how to send text messages. I have circuit switch now. What is the optimum settings for this? Circuit switch preferred is better than just circuit switch?

sorry OP, if you feel like I am hijacking your thread, but you may also find this useful.

Thanks...
    11-28-11 09:44 PM
    Sucks...I dont have that option. Is it because I'm on Sprint?!
    Are you accessing the Options from inside the SMS app?

What OS version are you using?
    11-28-11 09:56 PM
    Are you accessing the Options from inside the SMS app?

What OS version are you using?

Yes, accessing from inside the SMS.

Currently 7.0.0.241
    11-29-11 10:42 PM
    Try updating your device OS version.
    11-30-11 06:01 AM
    Still cant figure it out...I feel so left out because I can only reply to the sender and not everyone else.

Is this a Sprint issue?
    05-07-12 10:20 PM

Anyone?

So with mass texts, I get the original, but get individual replies. I dont have the option to reply to all. I can only reply to the sender.
    06-13-12 05:37 PM
    I know to reply press "R". And to reply all press "L". Did you try this?
    blackberry_surfer likes this.
    06-13-12 08:02 PM
    Yes, I've tried everything!

When I reply to a group text it only replies to the original sender, and when I receive replies, I get them as individual messages from individual senders.

07-05-12 04:54 PM
    I'm having the same issue actually. Anyone figured anything out yet? My OS5 8900 could do this easily but I can find no option to do it in my 9900
    08-15-12 06:36 PM
    off the top of my head, seems the original sender has to choose to enable or allow "reply all".

Can someone try that with a group? I'm on ATT, haven't used this on 9900 with 7.1, but remember a buddy that was on a text mailing list on my 9800/OS6 who complained about other folks responses waking him up after he went to sleep one night. I'm pretty sure i had made an allow reply all choice that I subsequently changed on future messages (was for arranging meetings among a group)
    08-15-12 06:59 PM
    i have searched for days and still cant find an answer but im going to try a few things and i'll report whatever i find back to this thread
    08-21-12 11:01 PM
    I dont have this issue at all. I have a number of friends who use iPhones and group chat, and I am perfectly able to communicate with them in their group text messages with my 9930.
    08-22-12 01:55 PM
    I dont have this issue at all. I have a number of friends who use iPhones and group chat, and I am perfectly able to communicate with them in their group text messages with my 9930.
    The same here. I wonder if it is a carrier issue.
    08-22-12 08:52 PM
    Honestly I think it is. I'm on a local carrier called Cincinnati Bell and I cannot get my group chars to work at all. I tried using crunch sms and another app called group me and neither worked. Totally lost at this point. I don't know what else I could try. Every message I get looks like it was sent directly to me instead of to the whole group. Any ideas would be appreciated
    08-24-12 01:24 AM
    It 'should' be there...

Click to view quoted image
    Phill, Please help us out here, I can see that "reply all" in email options only not in MMS or SMS

And it's maybe cause i haven't noticed it at all cause i don't receive much sms just from my carrier etc

And i am on the latest leaked OS
    08-24-12 04:55 AM
    Official reply from RIM to me

"That is not supported on BlackBerry devices. Thanks."

Well, i think we gotta add manually contacts whom we wanna send a "reply all" mail

Very strange that BB don't have this and if they do, will anyone really share that?
    08-24-12 12:35 PM
    But that's the thing....some 9900 users are saying that they see the reply all in the options menu. When I get a message that I know was apart of a group message, it comes to me like they sent it specifically to me. My device doesn't even see the message as a mms message. Someone has to have a answer for this cause I've literally tried everything
    08-24-12 09:24 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD