So I tried to replace the glass on my Bold 9930 and now it won't turn on. Anyone know what to do???? Help!
    09-23-11 03:16 AM
    1.) did you plug in the ribbon cable

2.) most of the newer blackberrys have 1 of up to 3 different LCD types. when you replace it, its important to make sure you get the same exact one. getting the wrong hardware could prevent it from working.
    09-23-11 03:31 AM
    Hey, I know this thread is old...but maybe someone will venture in...I have a 9930 with a cracked screen. I replaced the screen (not the digitizer). It turns on, the keyboard lights up but there is no display. I took it apart twice more and put it back together to make sure I had everything right. Then I see this post, and I remember looking at the ribbon on the old glass and the ribbon on the new glass and there were some minor differences. I'm thinking it might be what you said about the wrong screen. How in the heck do I know how to tell exactly what part I need and how do I ask/search for it? I've searched online and they all seem to have just 1...unless I am not searching correctly...I'd like to have this as a back up phone.
    05-24-12 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD