Hey all,

I've read all battery related threads, and i very well know that it doesn't hurt to top-up the battery charge any time, not like the old Nickel batteries.
    But still i have this questions in mind:

I tend to move a lot specially when i am in my office, or even at home, and i expect v.important calls so i need to take the phone in my pocket. Thus, most of the time when its plugged in and charging, i would plug it/unplug it 3-4-5- or even 10's of times. I tend to take the phone with me when i go to some other office, then i plug it in again when i sit on my desk.

Does that hurt the charging process or the battery? I know it shouldn't but still i would like some expert opinion on this.
    And, does the charging pod provide me with any added value except for the convenience and the looks?
    09-13-11 09:51 AM
    Hey all,

I've read all battery related threads, and i very well know that it doesn't hurt to top-up the battery charge any time, not like the old Nickel batteries.
    But still i have this questions in mind:

I tend to move a lot specially when i am in my office, or even at home, and i expect v.important calls so i need to take the phone in my pocket. Thus, most of the time when its plugged in and charging, i would plug it/unplug it 3-4-5- or even 10's of times. I tend to take the phone with me when i go to some other office, then i plug it in again when i sit on my desk.

Does that hurt the charging process or the battery? I know it shouldn't but still i would like some expert opinion on this.
    And, does the charging pod provide me with any added value except for the convenience and the looks?
    If you have read ALL the battery threads even on a Lithium Ion or Polermer battery if you don't let it run down to almost nothing to just before it goes dead at least 2-3 times a month you are not properly cycling the battery which even these need in order to keep a fairly long life or you are going to prematurely run down your battery and need a new one too soon.

I would suggest that if you really need a full battery this much you spring for a replacement OEM battery on the CB store and where you feel comfortable in getting it and keep a fully charged battery with you and just change them out once they are running down too low.

That is what mostly everyone does here instead of how you are doing it. Good luck.

PS The charging Pod if you get the right one will allow you to charge a second battery instead of how you are doing it now. I believe Seidio makes such a charger for the new phones.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 09-13-11 at 10:01 AM.
    09-13-11 09:58 AM
    Almost sounds like you're a convert from having an Android phone. On topic, I would recommend that you limit how many times you plug it in as really each one of those plugs counts as a "cycle" that your battery only has so many of before it starts to really lose capacity.

Instead of always plugging and unplugging, I would wait until you're at 40-50% left and then give it a zap for 30 minutes or more. That won't cause any damage to the battery and should give you a bit more life out of it.

Just my $0.02
    09-13-11 10:03 AM
    Yeah, a lot of Android user swear that bump charging helps their bratty life in the short term. IT shortens life in the long run. I tried it once. It was more of a hassle than the results offered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 10:17 AM
    It's a long read, but this article should provide the info you're looking for: Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries
    09-13-11 10:46 AM
    One benefit of the charging pod is that is saves on potential damage to the micro USB port from repeated plug-unplug of the cable (especially if done akwardly). I find it also allows me to use less of a footprint on my desk than if my phone were laying down flat (with a cord hanging out the side) to charge.
    09-13-11 10:47 AM
    So basically let's say today I kept it on the laptop usb charger and it reached 70%, I unplugged and went back home. Shall I plug it to make it reach 100% or its not worth it to burn a new cycle for 30% ?

Cheers,

09-15-11 10:28 AM
    So basically let's say today I kept it on the laptop usb charger and it reached 70%, I unplugged and went back home. Shall I plug it to make it reach 100% or its not worth it to burn a new cycle for 30% ?

Cheers,

Really I know you are looking for confirmation but please reread my first post to you and I truly think based on experience you will be better off.
    09-15-11 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD