http://n4bb.com/4966/gsm-blackberry-...apollo-torch-2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    vx1 and tintin123456 like this.
    03-10-11 09:25 PM
    probably mid spring through early summer we'll see it come out
    03-10-11 10:54 PM
    Has anyone considered release dates or best guess
    For bold touch
    Seriously? I'm pretty sure there are zero people in this forum that "haven't" considered the release date.
    mrlee7 likes this.
    03-11-11 08:49 AM
    The GSM roadmap, if correct says May/June. Also, there's a BB conference early May. So that makes sense.

On 3/22, Telus will have announcements (so they say) about the PB and new devices. Perhaps that will shed some light.
    03-11-11 08:49 AM
    Nonsense - A good time to release a product is when its ready .. does not matter what the market says.
    03-11-11 05:40 PM
    its good to know that new devices from rim are just around the corner.im long due for my upgrade.its good to have options. when its time to pick a new phone this year, rim,apple,and android are all in the mix. i will have to see which one edges out for me.excited.
    03-11-11 06:05 PM
    UK Carriers have device for testing, shouldn't be more than a few months if nothing goes badly wrong . . .
    03-11-11 08:16 PM
    Seriously? I'm pretty sure there are zero people in this forum that "haven't" considered the release date.
    hahaha yeah i dont think we needed to start another thread regarding this..
    03-12-11 12:23 AM
    its a year too late regardless
    Got to say I agree, the 9700 should have been the Dakota. We all wanted the 'Magnum' back then.

It's good to see what appears to be concrete evidence with the Q2 roadmap for a Q2 release. I'm sure a lot of members here remember the painful wait for the 9700 release, what started as a definite August release turned into a wait until November/December.

Lets hope this phone lives up to the hype that has been buzzing around more or less since the 9000.
    03-21-11 02:35 PM
    spring huh...so tomorrow?
    03-21-11 03:00 PM
    I think July is kind of late. June or bust on this beyatch.
    03-21-11 03:12 PM
    spring huh...so tomorrow?
    if only
    03-21-11 03:13 PM
    can you imagine if they miss a release date on this phone? Lets say they leak August and it drops in November? I can't even think what the public will say about RIM at that point. Lets hope it drops July 4th weekend and spares the CB masses the pain of defending rim for another screw up
    No defending from this guy!! If that happens it will be time to move on haha
    03-21-11 07:30 PM
    rim definitely needs to release these new phones this summer fast. after the playbook is released, the attention will turn to phones. to me all these tablets have been given to much light of day. ipad 2,motorola xoom,blackberry playbook, etc.patience patience patience decisions decisions decisions. that is why i have been considering all parties-apple,rim,android this go around for my upgrade.
    03-22-11 06:35 PM
    It would be nice if just once the phone would come out early.....say may!!
    03-22-11 07:13 PM
    Heard that RIM will release Dakota via TMo by mid August this year...so wait a little longer and let's hope is true.......
    03-22-11 09:08 PM
    If they really release it in August, I guess it will take like another 3-6 months to hit Asian countries! God! Long wait!
    03-23-11 01:53 AM
    It would be nice if just once the phone would come out early.....say may!!
    Dream on. It aint happening. You would have heard about it already.
    03-23-11 08:53 AM
    The leaked TMO roadmap showed late May/early June.

03-23-11 09:04 AM
    The leaked TMO roadmap showed late May/early June.

I think this is very possible. Let's keep in mind the 9780 was never released on At&T and the torch did not sell that well. I am sure lots of people who are still holding to their 9700 will only wait for something that is comparable, the dakota should comeout very soon.

Also, the CDMA version "montana" i believe, shows a roadmap release date of late summer, more signs the dakota should be out by then.
    03-23-11 09:12 AM
    I am wondering if RIM is taking advantage of all this Playbook talk to keep quiet about the phone. I am not saying this is going to happen, but who knows, maybe it will come out right before, during, or right after the Playbook is released. CX, or anyone that can say anything about it have any insight on this? I mean, the playbook's main purpose other than a tablet, is to sort of be an attachment to expand the functionality of Blackberry Smartphones, so how about adding a new phone to go with your Playbook...

Am I the only one who thinks this is a possibility?
    03-23-11 09:20 AM
    I think this is very possible. Let's keep in mind the 9780 was never released on At&T and the torch did not sell that well. I am sure lots of people who are still holding to their 9700 will only wait for something that is comparable, the dakota should comeout very soon.

Also, the CDMA version "montana" i believe, shows a roadmap release date of late summer, more signs the dakota should be out by then.
    And that CDMA roadmap was for a second tier carrier so if it is accurate makes sense that it could be out for Verizon and/or Sprint a month or two earlier.
    Last edited by vrs626; 03-23-11 at 09:45 PM.
    03-23-11 11:58 AM
    I think RIM needs the playbook to sell well and as the new phones are to have the ability to 3G hotspot, wont they want to have the hotspot phones out to support the playbook?
    03-23-11 03:50 PM
    I think RIM needs the playbook to sell well and as the new phones are to have the ability to 3G hotspot, wont they want to have the hotspot phones out to support the playbook?
    O.S. 6 can work with the playbook if I am not mistaken? When all the hype started up about the playbook they always showed the playbook with a torch didn't they?
    03-23-11 05:54 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD