If the best statement you can make in defense of RIM, is calling me a NOOB, then RIM is in a world of hurt.

The fact is that RIM is closest to Apple in the sense that those companies create the hardware and software. Instead of Apple's calculated marketing strategy in place for the Iphone, and its tight control on leaks, RIM has let this phone be known for several months, if not a year. That tells me that the release of information about the Bold was designed solely to allevaiate corporate pressure on those creating the phones.

RIM, in my view, has an obligation to ensure that the released product can be timely approved by the carriers. In the case of ATT, it appears that has failed. According to the doctrine of shifting blame to the carrietrs, as long as RIM sends out a phone, no matter how buggy it is, they have fulfilled their duties. That is a stupid argument, and if you are going to make it, you should never complain about so called carriers and their decisions to release phones, because ultimately you are saying that the carriers should be doing RIM's job.
    08-09-11 12:19 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD