I am in the market for a Bold 9900. Att currently has a rebur one for .01 which is a great deal. Now, has anyone bought a rebur before? I am scared that if a order one, it will probably be scratched the up. Currently have a Nexus S with Att as well.

Which also brings me to the point: If a dont select the messaging plan, can i use Google Voice to text and Ill be charged date and not actual carrier text?

Thanks, Homies.
    03-12-12 06:54 PM
    Each fully Refurbished Device is tested, repaired (if needed), restored to original manufacturer functional and performance standards, and loaded with the newest software, making it like new. Refurb Devices come with a battery and battery charger, which makes this type of package an incredible value.
    Why Buy Refurbished Cell Phones - AT&T Refurb

I don't think you'd want to use Google Voice for BlackBerry as your prime messaging application, it's no where near as good as it's Android counterpart but your choice.
    03-12-12 07:14 PM
    Phones wind up "refurb" for any number of reasons. Many of which have nothing to do with anything that might have gone wrong with the phone itself.
    03-12-12 07:25 PM
    I've been considering this as well. If I try it out and don't like it, can I still return it and get my upgrade credit back?
    03-12-12 08:24 PM
    You got to ask that to the store/person whatever else it may be they can inform you: on how it works like.
    CheckWriter likes this.
    03-12-12 08:28 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I've heard stories about people who were unsatisfied with a device and ended up returning it and having to make a second call/visit to get back their credit. It's best to ask during the transaction, I suppose.
    03-12-12 08:58 PM
    Yep it's kinda best to know the whole ''how it all works out like'' before you are going to perform any sort of actions.
    All in all, to know it's not enough sometimes. To be safe, 100% comfirmed maybe on paper etc.
    03-12-12 09:03 PM
    Looked it up on the ATT site. There's a 30-day risk free return period.
    03-12-12 09:04 PM
    From my expriance working at a retail store most of the time the refurb ones are better than the original. Why because it is tested over and over and over before sent out.
    -------
    Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900 using webkit
    web
    CheckWriter likes this.
    03-12-12 09:07 PM
    Refurbished units are units that are sended back because of many ''faulty'' reasons and they are going,
    through a second check to fix all the possible issue's before they are sending it out again.
    CheckWriter likes this.
    03-12-12 09:10 PM
    From my expriance working at a retail store most of the time the refurb ones are better than the original. Why because it is tested over and over and over before sent out.
    -------
    Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900 using webkit
    web
    I've heard that before too. I'm not sure about phones, but with a lot of cameras the refurbs are repaired by hand and not a machine so the repair will be more precise.
    03-12-12 09:10 PM
    Be aware with the refurbished phones your warranty is only for 90 days as oppose to 1 year with a new phone.
    03-13-12 02:02 AM
    Smartphones have a restocking fee if you return them in the 30 day window. Refurb might be different. Ask.
    03-13-12 09:07 AM
    I went ahead and placed my order. Wish me the best!
    03-13-12 07:38 PM
    I wish you the best my friend, now hook yourself up with some sweet accessoires!
    CheckWriter likes this.
    03-13-12 07:43 PM
    I don't think anything is wrong with refurb..I got my 8900 back when it first came out as a refurb and it's still going strong today. I hope you enjoy it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-13-12 07:53 PM
    I'm likely going to get myself a refurbished one from AT&T as �1 is an amazing price. Did yours come in a new box with all accessories? Is the housing cleaned/new?

03-24-12 12:41 AM
    Manufacturer refurbs are basically like new

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-24-12 02:35 AM
    You shouldn't have to worry about scratches or anything like that and in most cases any previous issues are corrected on a refurb as well. If there were any scratches ect then those parts would have/should have been replaced. My first Torch was a refurb and was great but as mentioned earlier they get only a 90 day warranty instead of a year.
    03-24-12 04:14 AM
    I'm likely going to get myself a refurbished one from AT&T as �1 is an amazing price. Did yours come in a new box with all accessories? Is the housing cleaned/new?

I got mine about a week ago. It came in a plain AT&T box with a new SIM card, battery, quick start directions and earbuds. It looked like new to me. The screen and battery cover were both protected by plastic film.

Hope that helps.
    03-25-12 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD