- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
Red light came on over night when charged / took a photo
I was charging my blackberry over night when for some reason the screen went black and the red light came and stayed on, i got around this by pulling the battery out and it restarted fine ( its done this 5-6 times now), not only has this made me late for work but its also made me worry about my phone, this has also happend a few times when ive tried to take a photo, the sceen has just gone black and the red light has appeared again........i havent updated my phones software since i got it (jan 2012) as im sceptical about 'wireless charges' could this be a reason? and is there a way to update my phone without incuring these charges, or what could the 'red light problem' be?
any advice aside from getting an alarm clock would be grea thanks
- 01-03-13, 08:54 AM #3
yeah download the latest os stickied at the top of this forum and youll get an update option on desktop manager then you can connect through the cable to your phone instead of wirelessly, have you got auto on/off enabled?
- CrackBerry Genius
01-03-13, 10:22 AM #5
- 4,118 Posts
Also consider doing a wipe before you re load the new OS.
BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com
- CrackBerry User
01-06-13, 09:36 PM #6
- 78 Posts
I am not quite convinced that the latest OS would be a solution. It may make things worse. I have been having majors issues with it staying on BIS while at the same time showing a 4G signal. Is the charger working for sure? Maybe the charger is broken and the battery is draining overnight?
- By xpr0g in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 6Last Post: 08-13-12, 03:21 PM
- By blackberryfan2476 in forum Older BlackBerrysReplies: 1Last Post: 09-02-10, 03:05 PM
- By cooliosam in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 4Last Post: 08-14-10, 05:53 PM
- By JM12345 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 0Last Post: 12-01-08, 09:45 PM
- By adrian0608 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 8Last Post: 10-21-08, 06:33 PM