I recently purchased bb bold 9900 and I am facing reception problem. By default the phone network mode was 2g/3g and I noticed that i was not able to make any outgoing calls, sms, BBM, emails and cant even receive incoming call. Battery pull fixed the problem and I was happy. Again the next day I started facing the same problem, it was frustrating and i called up my service provider du - UAE. They said everything is working fine at their end and still if you wish you can replace the Sim card. Immediately I went their and replaced the same but the problem still occurred. My other 2 colleagues BB bold 9900 is working very fine at the place where I am facing problem.

Later i switched the Network mode to 2g (EDGE) and the Phone started working fine and even it works fine on only 3g. only problem is 2g/3g. My phone is not able to switch itself from 3g to 2g when the network drops.

Its running on the latest update of OS 7.1.0.342. Phone is under warranty and they have asked me to return the phone for testing. Another service provider (Etisalat UAE) Sim card works fine.

Is it the problem with hardware or Software. Should i replace the antenna???

PLEASE HELP:
    07-08-12 07:28 AM
    Sounds like a hardware problem if others with the same phone and OS aren't having the same issue. Wherever you bought it should replace it.
    07-08-12 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD