Today I loaded up a fresh battery at 7:30 am. Didn't use the phone all day except one phone call and used the calculator for maybe 5-10 minutes. This evening around 4, I realized I left the phone in my jacket pocket, in the closet. When I reached into the jacket, I was surprised to feel it very warm in the pocket! I checked meterberry and it said 87 degrees f. What's worse, the battery was down to 19%. I checked to see what was running, but nothing out of the ordinary. I swapped out that battery, and now the phone is cool and seems normal. Anyone get anything like this happening?
    02-19-12 05:16 PM
    How odd. I've had my 9900 for about 2 months and my only installed apps are BeWeather and EverNote. My battery has been "OK" except yesterday (Saturday) mine dropped like a stone in a similar way to yours and I was confused. It's fine now. It didn't get hot though.

I have since turned off GPS and deleted EverNote and BeWeather as I just don't use them. Collectively I am now going 2 days easy on a single charge.
    02-19-12 05:51 PM
    Today I loaded up a fresh battery at 7:30 am. Didn't use the phone all day except one phone call and used the calculator for maybe 5-10 minutes. This evening around 4, I realized I left the phone in my jacket pocket, in the closet. When I reached into the jacket, I was surprised to feel it very warm in the pocket! I checked meterberry and it said 87 degrees f. What's worse, the battery was down to 19%. I checked to see what was running, but nothing out of the ordinary. I swapped out that battery, and now the phone is cool and seems normal. Anyone get anything like this happening?
    The first thing that comes to mind is that possibly your signal was weak and your phone was doing a lot of signal searching. I had that happen to me a few months ago.
    02-19-12 06:16 PM
    I put the phone back in the closet just to see...I get 5 bars signal in there. I also keep GPS on, with WiFi and 4G signal all the time...I typically get 24 hours from a battery...sometimes less on heavy work days. Drainage like what I had earlier might make sense if maybe a new OS was being pushed...but unfortunately not...still the same old .576 Maybe it was all a fluke. Time will tell. Thanks for the replies Howard and Bear.
    02-19-12 06:36 PM
    Well I got rid of a few apps like beweather free and a few news ones. I guess I'll let you know by tmrw how the battery is, still on 7.0
    02-19-12 08:48 PM
    I have had issues with BeWeather on my 9900 and 9810. I brought it up on some other threads but BeWeather is held up on a pedestal like nothing could ever be wrong with it. It has an issue in my opinion. Doesn't happen all of the time but has happened multiple times to me. Exactly as you described.
    02-19-12 09:21 PM
    It's funny because couple days ago I was out and about and had not used the phone much that day except for calling someone for about half an hour. Went to bed and had half a battery left so I figured will charge it in the am. Wake up in the morning and it's on red Hasn't happened since but will find out......
    02-20-12 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD