Hey all..

a little bit of input would be appreciated..

I have an upgrade which technically is set for 10/24 with VZW..they did an early upgrade for me in order to get my BB9930 13 days ago..I had a DX for a bit before this and really wanted to go back to the BB keyboard and, to be honest, the phone has been awesome - it does everything a BB does the best that BB can do it.

However, I've played with a few iPhone 4's as of late - and, naturally, they are seemingly awesomeR than BB at at just about everything other than the physical keyboard.

Aside from my wanting a physical KB - what would you do in this situation..

Keep the Bold bc it's making me happy and then have little to no chance of ever trying an iPhone 5 (bc of the ridiculous cost I'd have to incur picking one up retail)..

OR..

Return the Bold tmrw (14th and last day)..leave the upgrade for the iPhone 5..if I really hate it, I could probably then sell it for enough cash to then buy another BB 9930 and have some cash left over?

Thoughts? Thanks!
    09-21-11 05:50 PM
    Seems like you think the iPhone 4 is "awesomer" than your 9900...so it would seem foolish to keep it with the iPhone 5 looming near.

But you ask what I would do...I would keep my 9900. But then again I am not you.
    09-21-11 06:02 PM
    I was in exact same boat. The BB was great, and I still miss it. However, I had an iPhone 4 and there were some things it "just did" better. I liked playing w the BB more and typing on it more. I took the BB back on the 14th day so I can try the iPhone 5 out. If it doesn't make me do backflips, then I will probably go back to the BB 9930.
    09-21-11 06:09 PM
    or you try a motorolla pro+? (droid pro+? in US??)

That was the device I was looking at but as it is not available for at least 1 to 2 month in my country and my 9000 "broke" I got the 9900. Awesome device. Even battery life is ok. If just the apps were better... ;(

As for me an Ix is no option.

I don't like itunes (buy my music from amazon and other sites) and also use the bb as usb storage, and of course I neeeeed a "best keyboard ever" device
    Last edited by boldkeyboardholic; 09-21-11 at 07:20 PM.
    09-21-11 07:18 PM
    Keep the bold and get an ipod touch 5. Best of both worlds
    mileaway likes this.
    09-21-11 09:32 PM
    I'm for option B. That way you get to try them both. You can prob make a pretty penny on selling the Iphone 5. As well, prices will have come down for the Bold 9900.
    09-21-11 09:37 PM
    Thanks all for the input..

I do have a macbook pro..
    Its really 2 scenarios - BB for messaging and MBP if I need internet or option 2 that I listed above (return, try iphone, then decide then)?

Sigh, commitment issues..lol
    09-22-11 06:22 AM
    I'm coming from a brand new android phone to the BB 9900. Personally I use my cell phone as a phone. I use it to make calls, text, and the odd website, not much else. If I want to portable game I either use my kindle (tee hee) or mt PSP/vita when that comes out for a much better gaming experience. The Iphone 4/5 will still not match a portable gaming system.
    09-22-11 06:28 AM
    iPhone5.. saw it on youtube the other day.. an awesome imaginary device.. not that I have anything against apple because I've been with Mac for 7 years now besides a window based mobile PC that I regularly use to work with..

Anyways, as much as my conscience tells me that I want an iPhone so badly, my logic tells me to get a blackberry to support my work hence I'm with a 9930.. If then the requirement to have a third device/mobile number (I wonder which pocket to put it into) arises then it should be an iPhone..

*peace

9930 - 7.0.0.XXX - on Tapatalk
    09-22-11 06:45 AM
    I think it a personal preference myself. I personally am not a Apple fan I would lean towards Android if you want all the bells and whistles. If you want a productive workhorse then BB is the way to go.
    The smart phone market is starting to slow due to the economy and the fad is starting to wear off. Pick the one the fits you the best good luck!
    09-22-11 06:50 AM
    Again, thanks to all..

I just noticed on the apple website that even the 3rd gen iPod Touch will run iOS 5..I have one at home lying around that, apparently, nobody wanted to buy off of me (see sig lol)..if I ever have a thirst for iOS that needs to be quenched - I suppose I would be able to kill it with that. I can bang out many more texts/bbms/emails (not to mention the call quality/speakerphone volume has been great) on my Bold 9930 than i would be able to on any touch phone, whether it be android (I went 9650->DX->9930)/iPhone. Think I'm going to keep my Bold for sure.

Thanks!
    09-22-11 08:42 AM
    Keep the bold and get an ipod touch 5. Best of both worlds
    That's the smartest way!
    09-22-11 08:45 AM
    i havent seen the new i phone spec, but i did have a play with an iphone 4 in the apple store as i wanted to see what all the fuss was about. i was expecting it to be super fast. from what i could tell it is slower than my 9900 in general switching apps and looks dated. the screen is ok but i found reading web pages easier on 9900. if you want a device for gaming and apps get droid or iphone. me personally dont play games and love keyboard so bb best. also remember bb is more customisable with ringtones etc so i guess you have to decide what suits your needs best
    09-22-11 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD