DM, do you see Vodafone selling these unlocked? Also, is it a global Vodafone launch or just certain parts of Europe?
    07-30-11 12:18 AM
    DM, do you see Vodafone selling these unlocked? Also, is it a global Vodafone launch or just certain parts of Europe?
    If the usual pattern is followed, Vodafone UK will ship it first followed shortly afterwards by the main non-english locations since there are normally slight delays related to localisation issues, then it will be rolled out to vodafone's less important locations after that.
    07-30-11 02:43 AM
    The retail GSM price is just under �500

A Vodafone branded unit without a contract will be a bit less, around the �470-480 mark - and if you get one from the first batch, the box will be the only thing that is branded physically.
    I have a retial question.

What will com on the box. Will your UK versions have a sleeve or holster with belt clip?
    07-30-11 05:55 AM
    All Vodafone UK BlackBerry devices are SIM-locked. Also, all European Vodafone companies operate independently, so release dates may vary between them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 10:10 AM
    I have a retial question.

What will com on the box. Will your UK versions have a sleeve or holster with belt clip?
    You already know the answer to that one Greg

We don't swing our phones from our pants over here, so we'll get the sleeves.

07-30-11 10:12 AM
    Hi DangerMouse.

I have one question. Im thinking of pre-ordering the 9900 from this site. And I have some questions since this will be shipped from the UK.

Will this phone support my carrier Netcom?

I will be using this phone outside Norway too. UK & the US +, so should I go for the 9900 or the 9930 you think?

Sorry if my questions are dumb.
    Thanks anyway.
    Andr�
    07-30-11 02:33 PM
    Hi DangerMouse.

I have one question. Im thinking of pre-ordering the 9900 from this site. And I have some questions since this will be shipped from the UK.

Will this phone support my carrier Netcom?

I will be using this phone outside Norway too. UK & the US +, so should I go for the 9900 or the 9930 you think?

Sorry if my questions are dumb.
    Thanks anyway.
    Andr�
    Well if your network uses a sim card then its the 9900 that you will be after as the 9930 uses CDMA technology which doesnt exist in Europe as the sim card is hardwired into the handset although the 9930 might be a world phoen ie uses a sim card as well but i highly doubt it. And when you go to America you can use the 9900 as it will use one of the American GSM networks...i do this all the time with my 9780 that i bought here...usually when i roam in America im on AT&T.
    andre3030 likes this.
    07-30-11 02:47 PM
    Thanks alot for the info.
    This will be my first BB and i cant wait.
    Play.com has announced they will release the unocked version the 12th of August?
    Does anybody know if this will get pushed etc?
    Because Amazon.co.uk writes the 22 August... Unlocked aswell.
    07-30-11 03:03 PM
    Hey bro

1) not that I can see on the firmware I'm running
    2) no
    3) as per 1)

ETA 15 days
    Wow, that is a drag. Having to do all that swiping and clicking to see email properly is a drag...one of the reasons I got off the BB platform. I was really hoping they had remedied this.

07-30-11 04:57 PM
    I know bro, as I stated in another post - from a Bold 9000 to this 9900 I really am no more productive and that is a pretty pathetic statement to make especially when it's pretty factual. I'm not bashing it, I wouldn't swap out the BlackBerry even if in essence the formula hasn't changed in 3 years now, since summer 08 when the 9000 was launched.

And yes 9900 from Play will work fine on Netcom, I'd suggest you buy from somewhere else, Play are notoriously overpriced most of the time.
    andre3030 likes this.
    07-30-11 10:11 PM
    Ok thx! Do you know where I can get it cheaper and as early as possible?
    07-30-11 10:25 PM
    Google

(Thats a google uk shopping link to search for the 9900)

Is a good place to start if you want UK based companies !

Also these guys know their stuff and are small with good warranty support

http://www.blackberrystuff.co.uk/scr...idproduct=3958
    Last edited by DangerMouseUK; 07-30-11 at 10:36 PM.
    07-30-11 10:33 PM
    Google

(Thats a google uk shopping link to search for the 9900)

Is a good place to start if you want UK based companies !

Also these guys know their stuff and are small with good warranty support

BlackBerry Bold 9900 SIM free/Unlocked
    They claim to have the 9900 in stock. That can't be right, surely?
    07-31-11 06:10 AM
    when is the release date for orange uk? and will it support UMA?
    07-31-11 06:39 AM
    Its probably not right as just above that it says Pre-Order, but give them a call, they're a small company and very good from a customer service and warranty point of view in my opinion.

I will get in touch with someone in Orange and get back to you, all recent Orange BlackBerries have supported UMA, so I'd say probably.
    07-31-11 08:56 AM
    Hey all,

Been a while, been sunning myself around the balearic island for a few months now, anyway I'm back.

Anyway 9900s are all over the UK in engineering form, and the retail samples are starting to land also.

So ask away if you need any indepth tech knowledge satisfied on either variant
    How is the speaker quality compared to the 9000 as far as music and ringtones?
    07-31-11 03:39 PM
    when is the release date for orange uk? and will it support UMA?
    Would also like to know the same re Orange!
    08-02-11 03:17 PM
    Hey Dangermouse, any idea when the 9930 comes to T-Mobile UK? Haven't seen any information on this anywhere. Thanks!

08-02-11 03:50 PM
    Which frequency combo do these units have for 3G (and what is typical on BB devices supplied to that part of the world)? Is it Bands 1, 2, 5, & 6 (2100/1900/850/800 MHz) or 1, 4, & 8 (2100/1700/900 MHz)?
    08-03-11 03:05 AM
    Hey Dangermouse, any idea when the 9930 comes to T-Mobile UK? Haven't seen any information on this anywhere. Thanks!

9930 will not be released in the UK, since it is a CDMA version of 9900. There are no CDMA networks in the UK, including t-mobile uk.

So, you need to look out for 9900.
    08-03-11 05:07 AM
    Apparently, the Voda system was yesterday updated to show the 9900 as being ready for despatch on the 22nd - do you also have that as their release date?
    08-03-11 05:37 AM
    Hi any ideas when T mobile UK will be getting the 9900? and if anywhere apart from Amazon are talking about a white version?
    thanks
    08-03-11 01:39 PM
    Hi all,

Sorry not in the UK at the moment, been shipped overseas, so not checking and replying as often as when I'm on home shores.

If the Vodafone Retail POS system lists the phone for release on the 22nd, that sounds reasonable, I don't work for Retail so I don't really know how steadfast that date can be, I will say that if you look at my earlier posts, these dates are not always kept up.

I can also say that the handset isn't fully cleared from carrier testing yet but it is passed the stage where retail units can theoretically go out the door to punters, bar any huge last minute malfunctions that can't be fixed via software updates.

Not a clue on T-Mobile but I know the phone is still stuck in quality assessment for both O2 and Orange as we speak.

Best bet for anyone who wants it on Orange or Vodafone if things get delayed directly from the network is to use CPW or P4U who have much laxer quality control checks and connect their own variants of handsets to the network.

The downside to that from the Orange point of view is you would loose the 24hr Orange handset replacement service that comes with an Orange phone.
    08-03-11 03:40 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD