I recieved my 9900 last week. While I am satisfied with many improvements, I still find web browsing below that of the Iphone. Like I mentioned in another topic, a lot of buttons on websites that require clicking to continue and such do not work. Like on vonage, which I login to daily for my toll free, I can't select any of the buttons on top to continue. Also, I find I click places with my finger or thumb and it doesn't always go properly, sometimes you have to touch several times, definitely not as smooth as the iphone.

But, here are some other issues maybe someone can answer or help with.

1> When typing in the name of a contact do dial. If you touch their button that pops up after you enter their name, you are directed to another screen, which then requires you to click the number. There is no 1 quick dial touch for when typing in a name on your contact list, they add an extra step now.

2> Browsing, while many improvements, still needs a lot of fixing up. Is anyone having problem browsing websites and not being able to use all the features on the site?

3> When SMSing, once again, another step is added. I used to be able to type in the name on my contact list and then click the berry button and sms. Now you have to click the icon for the person, then click into a text message. Then you can text.

On a positive note, I do like the camera and video recording.
    08-15-11 09:18 AM
    But, here are some other issues maybe someone can answer or help with.

1> When typing in the name of a contact do dial. If you touch their button that pops up after you enter their name, you are directed to another screen, which then requires you to click the number. There is no 1 quick dial touch for when typing in a name on your contact list, they add an extra step now.

2> Browsing, while many improvements, still needs a lot of fixing up. Is anyone having problem browsing websites and not being able to use all the features on the site?

3> When SMSing, once again, another step is added. I used to be able to type in the name on my contact list and then click the berry button and sms. Now you have to click the icon for the person, then click into a text message. Then you can text.

On a positive note, I do like the camera and video recording.
    1. you dont have to actually go into contacts to find a person to dial. from the homescreen just start typing the name of the person you want to call, it will search your phone. from there use the touchscreen to follow the steps you already know OR use trackpad to highlight the person youre looking for and hit the call button. (this will also work if in contacts but i just saved you more steps than you wanted)

2. havent tried the specific site youre talking about, but overall my browsing experience is good. i'm by nature not a mobile browser. if it's SOOO important that i must look it up on my phone (or if i have a new phone and dont want to put it down *cough 9900) then i dont complain about performance b/c its a one time thing. sorry cant help you with a fix.

3. 2 options for sms
    3a. use the text message app for one less step in your process. not the messages folder where you can make emails bbm sms mms and the lot go, but the actual text message app.

3b. in BBM>options scroll down to the bottom, select the box "Show Text Messages From Contacts Linked With Blackberry Contacts" now use BBM as a text messager. now you should be able to open bbm, select recipient, type and send.
    08-15-11 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD