I just upgraded to the 9930 and have the following questions (and yes I have read through the forums and have not found any answers...)

- Is there a way for it to vibrate prior to ringing (on calls, texts, etc).

- I am looking for a holster with a belt clip where the phone clips in. Not a leather holster that covers up the phone. Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I can get one?

- Lastly, I noticed the only way to set the convenience key to lock screen is to enable a password. I don't want to enable a password! When I set a password, the lock screen icon appears and when I turn off the password, the program/icon disappear. Same thing in the list for the convenience key. I want to use it lock the keyboard.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    08-22-11 04:27 PM
    also, can i turn off CDMA to use a different SIM? or is it only international?
    08-22-11 04:57 PM
    1. Not sure, maybe an app will do this. I have my phone always set to vibrate so I've never had this issue.

2. Not sure either, The phone is so new that companies still need to make and get new products out. Many have started, but as you can see in the CrackBerry store, the selection is thin at this time. SO just give this time, you'll have many choices soon.

3. I don't understand why you're trying to do this... There's already a convenience key that locks the phone on the 9930, it's the top button.

If the phone is unlocked it can be used on any GSM network (Att and Tmobile are the main ones) here in the states. You will only ever get EDGE though, not 3G
    08-22-11 05:01 PM
    1. Yes. You can change this in the profile settings. Click the profile icon at the top left of your home screen, click sounds and alerts, then profile management, select the profile you want to edit, then the specific alert. From that area there is a "vibrate with ring tone" option; click yes.
    2. Not that I have seen
    3. I am really not sure.
    08-22-11 05:10 PM
    Actually you want to set vibrate with tone off, then turn vibrate on and then always. Local VZW store has the plastic holster you are talking about. 3rd use the top lock button.
    08-22-11 06:15 PM
    I don't want it to ring and vibrate. I want it to vibrate for 10 seconds, then ring. My old blackberry had this setting.

The top key is tougher to get to then the side key, at least for me when using with one hand.
    08-22-11 06:58 PM
    You will only ever get EDGE though, not 3G
    In North America.* Europe and Asia are different and some DO get 3G.
    08-22-11 07:01 PM
    Change side convenience key

Go to Options>Device>Convenience Key>Change to 'Password Lock'

Go to Options>Sounds and Ring Tones>Set Ring Tone for chosen profile.

Sound Alerts
    Ring Tone: Choose your ringtone
    Volume: Whatever you want it to be
    Play sound: (Normal) Always
    Visual Alerts
    LED: (Normal) On
    Tactile Alerts
    Vibration: Custom
    Length: Short
    Count: 10
    Vibrate: Always (to test, unless that is the way you want it), but you can choose In Holster
    Vibrate with Ring Tone: (Normal) Off

The above will cause your phone to vibrate(in holster) 10 short ones (10 seconds) and then start to ring.
    08-22-11 07:08 PM
    Thanks Oniberry! That worked for the ringer!!!

The password lock doesn't work. When I uncheck enable password, I don't have that option appear when in my convenience key menu.
    08-22-11 07:13 PM
    Pressing the letter K will password lock the phone, only if you enable application shortcuts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 07:16 PM
    Thanks Oniberry! That worked for the ringer!!!

The password lock doesn't work. When I uncheck enable password, I don't have that option appear when in my convenience key menu.
    Sent you a PM, should fix your problem.

Cheers,
    08-22-11 07:17 PM
    Pressing the letter K will password lock the phone, only if you enable application shortcuts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I enabling application shortcuts (which I don't like), but K does not work. Ask me to assign a key for speed dial.
    08-22-11 07:24 PM
    If it's asking you to assign a Speed Dial, that means you are holding the key. Don't hold the key. Just press it once. You have to have a password set for that to work.

Otherwise, press and hold the A key to lock the keypad.
    08-22-11 07:32 PM
    A key works perfectly. Thank you!!!
    08-22-11 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD