Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Question from Blackberry noob

I am total noob when it comes to blackberry phones because I got my first BB 2 days ago; it is bold 9900 and I am loving it. I want few things out of this device I am currently not able to do:
    I want to be able to go online via 3G network and receive my emails same way. I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina and I am using prepaid from my carrier. It includes data plan, but when I enter APN information on my device it still is not able to connect to internet. Does my plan have to be BlackBerry specific? Is there way I can enter those information and go online like I did with iPhone and Android and Symbian phones I used to have?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask...

You have to have BlackBerry Internet Service (Data Plan for BlackBerries) to recive e-mails, use the BB browser, apps and much more... with a regular data plan you have to install another browser ie. Opera, then you can go online and check your e-mails (like on a comp.) but you wont get any notifications.
    Without BIS your BlackBerry is pretty much a very expencive and fancy yet regular old-school cellphone with internet (if other browser is installed)
    Contact your carrier and ask for BIS, you might still be able to have prepaid on your contract.

"The BlackBerry, the little shiny BlackBerry rocks. Because it's the first thing that
    I do in the morning and the last thing I do at night. I think it crawled underneath this
    piece of skin, in the back of my head, and laid babies, there's gonna be baby blackberries!"

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

TBH I installed Opera mini and all my internet surfing and email checking problems are gone. Thank you very much! I still think if RIM made this more user-friendly and not BIS/BES dependant as it is on iOS and Android, even on symbian, it would be best selling phone by far.

Global Posts
    6,562 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by G0dwulf View Post
    TBH I installed Opera mini and all my internet surfing and email checking problems are gone. Thank you very much! I still think if RIM made this more user-friendly and not BIS/BES dependant as it is on iOS and Android, even on symbian, it would be best selling phone by far.
    New BB10s are much easier to configure. They're fixing it.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I am glad you agree this is something to be fixed. If they do fix it in BB10 and I am able to upgrade my 9900 to BB10 I am sure I ll be able to get at least 50 people I know get blackberry device.

E: just found out I will not be able to upgrade it...shame.

Global Posts
    6,562 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

I am glad you agree this is something to be fixed. If they do fix it in BB10 and I am able to upgrade my 9900 to BB10 I am sure I ll be able to get at least 50 people I know get blackberry device.
    Ummmm, I'm sorry to break the bad news to you, but the current phones are ALL on a completely different hardware platform, and won't be upgradeable to BB10. RIM has been trying to make this clear to users for a couple of years now.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    333CD502

E: just found out I will not be able to upgrade it...shame.
    Hahahahahahahahaahhahahahahaha you actually think the 9900/9930 is getting blackberry 10 OS? Hahahahahaha wishful thinking never hurt I guess.

PS: blackberry 10 isn't coming to any phones besides the models that are being released after jan 30th
    "If the music is too loud,notify the driver and he will kindly let you out"

"Once You go Black you'll never go back" (blackberry)
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gees97 View Post
    PS: blackberry 10 isn't coming to any phones besides the models that are being released after jan 30th
    ...and the PlayBook
    That's Phill with 2 L's