Morning all,

I've previously posted on here about the shocking battery life of my Bold 9000, and I know that many of you share my pain. - 422. (+ /2( f hours if on 2G mode and around 4 hours if on 3G, in both cases my use is only browsing and .xls .pdf documents, nothing power-hungry like GPS (which I only now use when plugged in to an in-car charger.

On speaking to my carrier (T-Mobile/EE, UK) they have offered to send me, FOC, a replacement battery to see if that assists my problem, and I've been told to recycle or keep the original.

Anyway, I now have two JM1 batteries. I would like a way to charge them without waking up at 2am to change the batteries over.

I see a standalone charger listed on this website at BlackBerry J-Series Extra Battery Charger Bundle for Bold 9930, Bold 9900, Bold 9790, Curve 9380, Torch 9850, Torch 9860 | BlackBerry Battery

Does this product allow a battery to be charged without a phone being anywhere near? This is not fully clear to me.

Secondly is it possible to purchase just the standalone charger without battery/wires?

With two fully charged batteries, things like family days out appear possible once more

Final question - does a torch typically give same or better/worse standby time?
    11-16-12 12:44 AM
    Kidigi Battery Charger Desktop Charging Cradle Sync for Blackberry Bold 9900 | eBay

MRPB Battery Main Charger For BlackBerry Bold 9900 | eBay

yes it would do what you want - its not cheap - a couple of others here from ebay uk - sure they are available anywhere in the world
    11-16-12 03:03 AM
    The "BlackBerry J-Series Extra Battery Charger Bundle for Bold 9900" will be able to charge the extra battery while at same time charge your phone.
    I was able to pick it up at the Blackberry shop in San Jose, Very useful product.
    11-16-12 03:52 AM
    Thank you. I've just ordered the kidigi.
    11-16-12 03:09 PM
    Kidigi Battery Charger Desktop Charging Cradle Sync for Blackberry Bold 9900 | eBay

yes it would do what you want - its not cheap - a couple of others here from ebay uk - sure they are available anywhere in the world
    Can you confirm that this Kidigi charger does indeed allow a battery to be charged on its own? Mine has arrived, I plug it in and get a yellow light, the light stays the same colour when the battery is inserted...... and after several hours the battery has not charged at all.

Does it sound like it could be a faulty unit?
    11-25-12 10:53 AM
    You could have bought the OEM BlackBerry desk top charger for �12 on Amazon. I have one and does the job. And Im sure you can buy something like this, without the battery
    Blackberry Battery Charger Bundle with J-series Y-Cable: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

The beauty of this is that it can charge the phone and spare battery together or independently. Spare battery goes into the charger, connected to the Y cable. other end of the Y cable goes into your phone
    Last edited by BigwhiteUK; 11-25-12 at 11:17 AM.
    11-25-12 11:02 AM
    I have used an Anker multi-purpose universal charger for some time ($10 on Amazon). Why I like it is because it will charge just about any battery, including all my cell phones, a mi-fi, and even my digital camera battery.
    Amazon.com: Anker Multi-Purpose Universal Cell phone Battery Charger for Samsung: Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S II S2 i9100, T-mobile T989, AT&T i777, Skyrocket SGH-I727; HTC: Sensation, Sensation XE, Amaze, EVO 3D, ThunderBolt; Motorola: Verizon Droid RAZR
    11-25-12 11:03 AM
    You could have bought the OEM BlackBerry desk top charger for �12 on Amazon. I have one and does the job.
    Can you confirm that this will charge a battery without the phone being present, please.

If you could give me a link to a listing at that price, of the right item, I would be very very grateful.
    11-25-12 12:11 PM
    Battery has to be in the phone. Sounds like you need the one I posted link to, which is �18.47, with a battery.
    this is a link for stand alone desk top charger
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/BlackBerry-C...bUvbUpU7746316

or there is this. A stand alone battery charger �6.99
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superstore-C...bUvbUpU7746316

A link for the Y cable �6.99
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amzer-Conver...bUvbUpU7746316
    11-25-12 12:17 PM