So I just received my replacement phone from t-mobile, is there a way to keep the same PIN or do I actually have to invite all 100 of my BBM friends all over again?
    03-16-12 08:23 AM
    Bloody nore how do you get 100 BBM friends?
    03-16-12 08:23 AM
    IF you replace your phone you will most likely get another phone back with a new PIN.
    So you need to re-invite them all back again or if you backed up your contacts.
    You could easily restore them if you atleast did backed them up.
    03-16-12 08:25 AM
    Networking purposes. Well some and others are friends.

Thanks, yeah I backed them up. I guess I will have to re-invite them though.
    03-16-12 08:35 AM
    Each BB has its own uniuque pin so you will have to re-add em.
    03-16-12 08:52 AM
    Networking purposes. Well some and others are friends.

Thanks, yeah I backed them up. I guess I will have to re-invite them though.
    If you backed it up with DM, do a selective restore when you get your new phone and restore the bbm file. It will add your contacts back. Or you can use a local (storage card) copy of your contacts to add them. You should not have to reinvite anyone. It should seamlessly switch you over to another phone.
    03-16-12 08:58 AM
    u can also backup your bbm remotely or to your sd-card.
    03-16-12 09:29 AM
    I find it easy to just to do a back up to the memory card and then just restore the BBM contacts on the new phone.
    Imagine if you had to resend 100 invites again...crazy!
    03-16-12 11:52 AM
    if you have enabled Remote Backup on your previous device's BBM, you should be able to restore your contacts without any one of them knowing you've switched devices.
    03-16-12 12:23 PM
    Just use the device switch wizard in DM if your old phone still powers up. It transfers over everything including your bbm contacts. Or if you had a recovery email setup you can get them that way too.
    03-16-12 02:10 PM
    thanks I will do that!
    03-16-12 02:20 PM
    If you transfer the BBM contacts from your backup, you don't have to re-invite them as far as I know. Also, this is one reason why I hate BlackBerry system. Hopefully BB10 devices will have the PIN attached to our account, not the physical phone. I sell all my used phones and I don't want to post my PIN online because the next buyer will be mad about it for sure.
    03-16-12 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD