hey well my question is i've been seeing a lot of posts about bad battery life and i'm just wondering what types of battery life are you all getting out of you 9900

1: what kinds of things are you doing on you 9900 during the day and how much % do you have at the end of a 12Hr Day
    2: witch OS are you using it is the stock one that come with your 9900 or did you upgrade to another OS 7.0 or 7.1 and is your battery life all that improved with the new OS you have upgraded to

thanks
    08-16-12 05:45 AM
    hey! I use my 9900 for my emails, taking notes, twitter, facebook, whatsapp, bbm, music, and browsing. Mine wont even last 12 hours.. And i have an extra battery so i dont have to worry about my battery life.

I am on os 7.1.0.342
    and i have battery saving mode as always on.
    08-16-12 06:01 AM
    Hi,

I think you should visit this page to put rest to all your worries for battery life etc. : http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/
    08-16-12 06:12 AM
    I'm desperate to improve my battery life and I read the thread you posted...but am still completely clueless how to implement that fix. It's my first time trying to rig a BB Could someone provide in depth instructions minus lingo?
    08-16-12 06:44 AM
    With the 9900, when you're on Wi-Fi you will have stellar battery life. I can eek 2 days out of mine with moderate to heavy usage (lots of BBM's Twitter every half hour or so, about 30 mins of calls per day and a handful of E-Mails). It's when You rely on the 3G radio only in the phone and go into low coverage zones that your 9900 will start eating it's battery. I use 7.1.0.402 on my 9900 with Battery saver enabled and it makes it through an 18 hour day with about 40% left. Most of that on 3G.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    08-16-12 06:57 AM
    I'm desperate to improve my battery life and I read the thread you posted...but am still completely clueless how to implement that fix. It's my first time trying to rig a BB Could someone provide in depth instructions minus lingo?
    believe me it is not very tough to implement a hyrid OS on your device. Initially you need to download a fresh OS from this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...public-736549/ and then copy the RC2 from this link :http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/
    and then copy the java files to replace the one in the official OS that you had copied.

If you face any issues, PM me i will guide you through !
    08-16-12 08:06 AM
    I'm using 9930/7.1.0.402 and my battery only lasts 6-8 hrs at the most. I simply go on Facebook every 2-3 hrs and recieve emails every hour. With about 3 minutes of talking on the phone. In my opinion outta all the phones I've owned this is the worst on the market. But you can't really complain cause the phone Does alot. It simply has a small battery. And I use an otterbox case so an extended life battery is out the question
    08-16-12 08:13 AM
    I've been a blackberry uuser for years and have just loaded this hybrid on my 9900. Its not at all difficult. I suggest reading up on it and learning what all the "lingo" means before you do it. It will clear up a lot of things and it will help you get to know your phone a little too.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-16-12 08:57 AM
    I have great battery life. I’m constantly using my device all day. My daily usage includes 50+ text messages a day, 30+ emails per day, surfing CrackBerry via Tapatalk, Facebook, and reading on Kindle app. That is just my normal usage. Add in small stuff here and there like cruising thru App World or web surfing.

I take my device off the charger every morning at about 06:00 and by the time I get off work at 16:00, I have about 70-75% battery juice left. Signal strength at my apartment is very, very unsatisfactory. In a 10 hour period during work hours I lose about 25-30%, at home with same or less usage I lose about 25-30% in 6 hours.

I have a charger handy everywhere I go plus a spare battery. I do have some pretty heavy usage days where I am just bored out of my mind and I can kill my battery in about 4 hours if I really wanted to. Even though I have great battery life, I tend to keep it topped of most of the time. But every couple days I monitor my batteries performance to make sure there are no abnormal drainages, especially after installing a new app.

Applications are key when it comes to battery life. If you are experiencing horrible battery life, wipe your device and see what your discharge rate is with no apps. Install apps one by one slowly and keep an eye on the discharge rate. My idle discharge rate usually hangs around 1.2% but my average discharge rate is about 2.5 – 3.0%.

I am running 7.1.0.580 on my 9930. Battery life has gradually improved through OS updates.
    08-16-12 10:08 AM
    hey forgworm
    that os that your on, does it bypass the message to contact your service provider to use the hotspot feature?
    thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-16-12 11:11 AM
    OS 7.1.0.580 on 9930

Battery Life is very good as long as I don't over do the web browsing. If you start surfing, downloading images and complicated web sites will roast the battery.

Email, texting, facebook, twitter, voice calls, BBM, really not an issue for me. Have to keep the 9930 lean and it works great. If you like to surf the web, you're going to need an extra battery.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-16-12 11:40 AM
    I get about 12-16 hours depending on use. I only have a wall charger at home, and just recently bought a car charger since I connect via bluetooth in the car. My phone's battery is usually an after thought. I love that!

1: Im connected to Wifi all day (at work and at home) which helps a lot. I usually have Twitter for blackberry and Socialscope running in the background and I get emails all day long.

2: I just recently upgraded to 7.1.0.580, but I've had great battery life since I bought it last year with the stock OS 7.
    Last edited by shemaree09; 08-16-12 at 02:32 PM.
    08-16-12 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD