Can anyone fill me in on the time gap between a GSM bb being released then the CDMA version?

I see the talks about the GSM version being released sometime late august. So how long does it usually take a carrier like sprint(CDMA) to catch on?
    07-07-11 09:29 PM
    CDMA usually comes a bit later, it could be weeks or it could be months.
    Look at how long it look the iPhone to hit Verizon, the time it took the 8330 to hit Verizon, the list goes on a bit.
    07-07-11 09:38 PM
    It really depends on things like carrier exclusives, carrier approval, and the actual phone. With this phone being BB's flagship phone, I do not foresee a long period between GSM and CDMA releases, if any at all. RIM knows that they need this phone on all carriers as soon as possible. Here in the states, I think the releases will drop within a maximum of a month of each other, but more than likely a week or 2 if not just days apart.
    07-08-11 05:57 AM
    Also the iphone 4 release on Vzw isn't any indicator nor fair comparison....relative to its GSM release units anyway.

That's a special case.

Bb gsm to bb cdma Vzw/Sprint release history would be the closest cue, if anything at all. Doesn't mean future releases follow any pattern.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 01:48 PM
    Everything I'm seeing points to a little more widespread release than we're used to seeing. The current lineup is getting long in the tooth and needs to be enhanced quickly, on both sides of the fence.

07-08-11 02:05 PM
    I would think they will hit all 4 at the same time here in the states
    07-08-11 02:23 PM
    The 99xx has been worked on plenty and will have both ready for launch, even at BlackBerry World they had a ton of 9930's on hand and working fine as kind. They should launch within days of each other, not months this time around.
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    07-08-11 02:54 PM
    They better hurry, I was at an AT&T store recently and asked the rep how often they were selling blackberries and he chuckled, then he said not in weeks, and if I wanted one, I had to go online for a refurb... He said Droids were kicking ***. I told him all will change soon with the 9900 coming out... He said what is that? That just tells you enough about them reps.

07-09-11 07:16 PM
    Rep sounds legit to me. Why bother reading up on a phone that is going to be out classed on its release date by many other phones.

Android is booming and shows no sign of slowing down. They've already rooted the evo3d and have its dual core 1.2ghz processors overclocked to 1.8ghz each. Next year already talks of triple and quad core phones.

Don't be blinded by faith to RIMM. They make solid devices but are about a year late releasing each one.

If you were paid commission at a dealership and foreign cars sold like hot cakes and domestics collected dust, which brand would you focus on selling to customers?

When I went to get my Bold9650 at Best Buy on release day the 3 people there never heard of the phone...and it was release day and I was there an hour after opening.

07-09-11 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD