With EDOF cameras - do people find that it is hard to scan qr codes. Ive actually never seen anyone scan it in real application but just curious.
    08-17-11 01:37 PM
    I have scanned a few dozen and have had no problems.
    08-17-11 01:57 PM
    I just tried to scan a QR code and was not able for the life of me. It was never clear on the phone's screen........

By the way, this might be a stupid question....but is autofocus software or hardware based? meaning, is there a chance that on a future OS update they'll enable it (software)?
    08-17-11 07:51 PM
    I just tried to scan a QR code and was not able for the life of me. It was never clear on the phone's screen........

By the way, this might be a stupid question....but is autofocus software or hardware based? meaning, is there a chance that on a future OS update they'll enable it (software)?
    Autofocus is hardware based. So 9900/9930 is stuck with EDOF.
    08-17-11 08:07 PM

you don't have to have the camera that close to the code. move farther away and it'll scan
    08-17-11 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD