I am a loyal BB user and in August upgraded (using the word loosely at this point)my Bold 9700 to the Bold 9900.

I was excited at first but it appears as though NOTHING works on this phone! I had some apps I was using that were no longer compatible on the new OS. But, I held my ground when read on here that the apps will be getting updated and we will be seeing new updates soon. Uhmmm ... STILL waiting!! Then today, I attempted to open a file that required Adobe Flash 11 and well, whadya know, that is not available on my OS

I am starting to regret my downgrade (errr...upgrade).

Anyone have some words of encouragement here, lol? Like, any news/info/bright side I should hang onto?

I LOVE BB and, as said, a loyal user, but damn ... even I'm starting to fall back and avoid others as they talk about their dang iPhone ...

10-27-11 03:40 PM
    Does the iphone have Flash?
    10-27-11 03:45 PM
    Does the iphone have Flash?
    Good point Slammer, I don't beleive it does. But I think you missed my point ... I DID have it, it USED to be a BB 'thing', and now, we upgrade and voila ... good sh*t is gone! wtf?
    10-27-11 03:51 PM
    i doubt any phone will perform valiantly when rendering flash (assuming it has capabilities) but the 9900, or any blackberry for me, is basically a communication device, so the essential apps still work like all the native RIM apps + wikitude (which is an awesome AR app)...bb news reader for RSS is also pretty nifty for quick reads...but generally I use my blackberry for email + bbm which it does admiringly on an amazing qwerty keyboard....the one glaring shotrcoming i have heard of so far is the lack of themes, but that doesn't affect me at all....

what apps have stopped working for you?

i used to be an iphone user, and still am an apple fanboi, i like their designs and they know how to market their products) but overall the iphone is more of a casual/fun phone that performs best for the casual gamer inside you, if you're more of a chatter, a blackberry should serve your needs better, unless of course there's no one to bbm with :P
    Last edited by checkyoulater; 10-27-11 at 04:11 PM.
    10-27-11 04:09 PM
    i doubt any phone will perform valiantly when rendering flash (assuming it has capabilities) but the 9900, or any blackberry for me, is basically a communication device, so the essential apps still work like all the native RIM apps + wikitude (which is an awesome AR app)...bb news reader for RSS is also pretty nifty for quick reads...but generally I use my blackberry for email + bbm which it does admiringly on an amazing qwerty keyboard....the one glaring shotrcoming i have heard of so far is the lack of themes, but that doesn't affect me at all....

what apps have stopped working for you?

i used to be an iphone user, and still am an apple fanboi, i like their designs and they know how to market their products) but overall the iphone is more of a casual/fun phone that performs best for the casual gamer inside you, if you're more of a chatter, a blackberry should serve your needs better, unless of course there's no one to bbm with :P
    Hey checkyoulater! I am in total agreeance with you; I use my BB more as a commumicatin device that anything. I love the BBM and actually don't have a ton of BBM'ers (due to many going with the iPhone) but I use the What's App app for those times. Email is HUGE for me and is where I believe BB stands tall above them all!!! I too could care less about themes and/or 'artsy' fun stuff. I would however like to be able to open an attachment (send from a PC) on my BB and not hesitate (knowing it will open, etc) ... but today that was compromised with the whole Adobe thing

Ok, don't laugh ... the apps I used to use on my BOLD 9700 were a weight lose one (!) and a banking one. There also was a weather one, but I found a quick alternative to that. Of course, the usual Facebook and BBM are cool. Btw, what is AR app (wikitude)? I have to say, again I agree, the keyboard is awesome...
    10-27-11 05:03 PM
    There are many weather apps for os7 Berry weather is my fav. Bank of america app is available for os7 and wikitude is a very cool app also.
    10-27-11 05:07 PM
    I am in Canada, and the app that I had lost use of was ING Canada ... I am able to use a different one, but it is a little less user friendly. As for weather, agree ... Berry weather is cool!

Again, what is wikitude? I can most certainly look it up later when at home (and able to search more freely than while at work )
    10-27-11 05:12 PM
    10-27-11 05:18 PM
    Get an iphone. Done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 05:55 PM
    Good point Slammer, I don't beleive it does. But I think you missed my point ... I DID have it, it USED to be a BB 'thing', and now, we upgrade and voila ... good sh*t is gone! wtf?
    pollyrs.....are you saying you had flash on your 9700, it was a BB thing? I don't believe that any BB smart phones past or present have run flash. Right?
    10-27-11 06:00 PM
    pollyrs.....are you saying you had flash on your 9700, it was a BB thing? I don't believe that any BB smart phones past or present have run flash. Right?
    BB has never had flash. Either has the I-toy
    pollyrs likes this.
    10-27-11 06:05 PM
    i like how some videos on crackberry.com won't play on my 9900. i mean, really, a blackberry playing crackberry videos seems appropriate.
    10-27-11 07:34 PM
    I'm not sure now ... I just know that I never had a problem opening attachments and well, I suppose I expected to have with this latest and greatest OS!

If that's the case, I never had it, then you are all doing your job ... putting my mind at ease :-) ... but wait, I still haven't heard much aboout the developer of apps updating so that we are able to use. So maybe once I hear more about that, I will be at full ease.

As far the "Get an iPhone"response, thanks for nothing! I am always in awe that there are those people on this site patrolling BB forums!!!
    10-27-11 07:38 PM
    i like how some videos on crackberry.com won't play on my 9900. i mean, really, a blackberry playing crackberry videos seems appropriate.
    Haaa haaa ... you'd think so huh!?
    10-27-11 07:39 PM
    The 'AR'in - Wikitude Browser stands for augmented reality. Which at this time, in my opinion, aint ready for prime time. It basically integrates bbm into browsing/searchin internet. Social type app. If you're like me, you will download it, use it for one week with a semi-puzzled look on your face each time you open it and mess around. And then you will forget about it and either move it to your Crapps folder or delete it, like me! Lol
    Good luck with your problems. Honestly, they seem not so bad. BB's actually DO render adobe reader files (.pdf). I assume that's what you meant rather than flash. Not many people send flash attachments. Its typically a .pdf document, and all OS5 and up bb's can read adobe .pdf docs and you should be able to view them with no problem.
    10-27-11 08:08 PM
    I'm not sure now ... I just know that I never had a problem opening attachments and well, I suppose I expected to have with this latest and greatest OS!

If that's the case, I never had it, then you are all doing your job ... putting my mind at ease :-) ... but wait, I still haven't heard much aboout the developer of apps updating so that we are able to use. So maybe once I hear more about that, I will be at full ease.

As far the "Get an iPhone"response, thanks for nothing! I am always in awe that there are those people on this site patrolling BB forums!!!
    Just ignore the trolls! Deep down they want to comeback to BB As for opening attachements do you have Doc to go downloaded?
    10-27-11 08:11 PM
    I had an HTC Sensation and was verrrry excited about getting the 9900 as soon as T-Mobile made it available. Long story short, after 3 weeks, I went back to my Sensation. The Bold is amazing in regards to keyboard and text, but with the SERIOUS lack of apps and crappy web browser (Compared to the stock android browser which supports flash), It was a no brainer. I will say that I do love the 9900 for texting and that is mainly what I've been using it for. I think the perfect combo if you had two devices would be a Blackberry Bold 9900 and either a Galaxy 10.1 Samsung Tab or an Ipad2 .. Best of both worlds.
    10-27-11 09:03 PM
    What apps? As for Flash the iPhone would not help you there. Well, now there is a workaround. Anyway. Android has Flash support, and the QNX phones should.
    Last edited by southlander; 10-27-11 at 09:14 PM.
    10-27-11 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD