Hi
    I recently picked up the BB 9930 and I am loving it. I am new to this Social Feeds app, what is the purpose of it? I noticed that you can sign into twitter and fb but it requires both apps to be installed so whats the point? I thought social feeds was a single app built into the os to notify u of tweets and fb updates, removing the need to have two sperate apps running on your device, am I missing something?
    Fill mme in people
    11-04-11 03:14 PM
    No you are not or may be you are .. not sure ...

With the Social Feeds application, you can stay up-to-date with your social networks and receive the latest news and information from your favorite blogs and websites in one location.
    In the Social view, you can view updated feeds from your social applications, as well as your instant messaging applications.
    You can also post updates to your social networks and update your instant messaging statuses.
    In the News view, you can read RSS web feeds and blogs, and view full feed items in the browser. You can also create views and search your feeds by keyword.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...001-2.0-US.pdf
    Last edited by Briard; 11-04-11 at 03:31 PM.
    11-04-11 03:21 PM
    The one real reason I find myself keeping social feeds is the "Favorites" option. I set one of my favorites to "9930" and it scans my twitter for blackberry application every once in a while, and if it finds that anyone I'm following mentions the word "9930" in their tweet, I get a notification about it, and when I open it, it goes directly to that tweet so that I can read.

Its great for knowing first hand when a new OS leaks, a new hybrid for it is built, or just good for new accessories being released and whatnot.

Its rather amazing to me; good RSS reader as well, and the favorites scans my feeds too. Favorites works for everything that can connect to social feeds, not just twitter

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-04-11 08:38 PM
    The purpose is to drain battery.

I've removed it, i check twitter, facebook, etc myself rather than having social feeds.
    11-04-11 08:42 PM
    Yeah, I found it was just one big sucking sound on the battery. I shrunk it out.
    11-04-11 10:11 PM
    The one real reason I find myself keeping social feeds is the "Favorites" option. I set one of my favorites to "9930" and it scans my twitter for blackberry application every once in a while, and if it finds that anyone I'm following mentions the word "9930" in their tweet, I get a notification about it, and when I open it, it goes directly to that tweet so that I can read.

Its great for knowing first hand when a new OS leaks, a new hybrid for it is built, or just good for new accessories being released and whatnot.

Its rather amazing to me; good RSS reader as well, and the favorites scans my feeds too. Favorites works for everything that can connect to social feeds, not just twitter

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Umm is that just for OS7? Cause my Torch doesn't have the option to View keywords or have favorites...
    11-04-11 10:53 PM
    The purpose of social feeds is to occupy simple minds.
    CrackBerryDoctor likes this.
    11-04-11 11:03 PM
    Hmm, thanks for the feedback guys, interesting thoughts, is Social Feeds what replaced social beat? I liked that app better because that one app gave u access too many of those same features, w/ o having the need to have Twitter or FB installed on the BB

I like BB news feeds, its pretty cool, now if there were an alert out there that said "Breaking news" or "Get ya paper, read all about it" that would play for that news feed app that be sweet
    11-04-11 11:14 PM
    Social Feeds it your "universal inbox" for your RSS feeds, Podcasts and twitter/facebook/bbm.
    It gives you a overview...and let you open the full app if you need to take a closer look.

depanding how much you use those apps and functions its usefull for you or not.
    11-05-11 12:26 AM
    the rss feed alone is well worth having the app!!
    12-01-11 06:56 PM
    Check the app forum, since you're asking about an app
    12-01-11 07:29 PM
    no purpose of social feeds.facebook don't use and there is a twitter app.and not social since don't have many contacts,which ends up with 0 minutes usage.
    12-01-11 07:43 PM
    That was one of the first apps I deleted off the phone because I knew I wouldn't use it. I like things separately and it would decrease my already precious screen real estate since I'm forced to use the stock screen until theme builder comes out next year
    12-01-11 07:44 PM
    Using that along with Facebook and Twitter altogether equals one dead blackberry faster
    12-01-11 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD