I went tonite to purchase a verizon branded 9930 in the store. I did not tell them that i am planning on unlocking it and using it on ATT. They then proceed to tell me that i need to add new lines and data plans for the two phones. I only want the phones at the outright price that was defined?? What is the deal here? Are they just feeding me a line or am I just confused??
    09-03-11 08:29 PM
    They don't sell phones outright at Verizon stores. You need the get one off of ebay.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...3Dp3286.c0.m14
    Last edited by chasvs; 09-03-11 at 08:38 PM.
    09-03-11 08:34 PM
    U can buy it outright online. I think its $510 on verizon.com
    09-03-11 08:39 PM
    No they require activation if you don't have a existing account. Why don't you just wait for att to get the 9900. At least you will have a warranty.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-03-11 08:57 PM
    You cna buy it straight out on the website. Also, try Best Buy. Verizon retail stores make money off of getting you to sign up for a plan(if they don't get an activation the managers all lose money), because their pay reflects if they lock you in for another two years.
    09-03-11 09:00 PM
    I got an explanation from verizon customer support tonight. They informed me to just get the month to month plan and then cancel it right aways to avoid any charges. I knew there had to be some way to get this done. One of the companies I work with is purchasing them for myself and a co-worker and they use verizon. No big deal for me to unlock and use on ATT...not willing to wait for ATT to finally decide to sell one of the best selling BB's in years.
    09-03-11 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD