Ok, so I know this phone I amazing, but there seems too be a lot of corners cut for example:

1, Bricking issue.
    2, Memory card can't be removed without taking the battery out.
    3, No auto-focus.
    4, Battery life.
    5, Some people struggling too get the back door off using there finger nail.
    6, Speakers not very loud

Pro's
    1, Very fast phone
    2, Touch screen
    3, 720p video recording
    4, Nice sized keypad
    03-05-12 06:47 PM
    Ok, so I know this phone I amazing, but there seems too be a lot of corners cut for example:

1, Bricking issue.
    3, No auto-focus.
    4, Battery life.

Pro's
    1, Very fast phone
    2, Touch screen
    3, 720p video recording
    4, Nice sized keypad
    I wouldnt really say the memory card or battery door is too much of a con. How many times do you actually need to take the mory card out? And the speaker not being loud is a concern i have never heard before. I thought the speaker was fantastic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-05-12 06:57 PM
    I haven't had any battery issues, issues with the back door, and I am not sure why I need to take the memory card out. Hope this helps.
    03-05-12 07:02 PM
    I find the memory card not being able too be released without removing the battery is a con because I swap between the 9780 and 9900 as my speaker on the 9780 is louder than the 9900.

The back door is and isn't a con, because it means it isn't going too fall of anytime soon, but then its irritating too get it off when you need too remove the mem card or battery pull
    03-05-12 07:03 PM
    I haven't had any battery issues, issues with the back door, and I am not sure why I need to take the memory card out. Hope this helps.
    I personnaly haven't had issues with the back door but I've seen threads on here about it. My battery life was dreadful too the point I'd take my 9780 out just in case, I now have a spair battery for 9900
    03-05-12 07:04 PM
    This phone has no real issues no more than other devices. It is what it is either you like Blackberrys or you don't. So many try to compare devices and the truth is Blackberry is in a class of its own.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-05-12 07:06 PM
    I'm not comparing this too iOS or android, I like BB's and yes there are problems with it same as iOS or Android.
    03-05-12 07:12 PM
    well i own a iphone 4s and galaxy s2. both i manage to take thier full battery potential as i could but reading tips and os upgrade. i never expierence battery issue on my 9900, but i upgraded to os 7.1... 267. brightness to 10, 20 sec screen off. it last me a full day with led coverage blicking 17500times a day, i switched it off recently and my bold 9900 lasted 2 days.

for battery door, yeah it is quite a problem for some, for me i have short nails and opening it make my nail bleed. so i use a dime.
    no auto focus, it sucks only when taking close object or text. but overall it take extraodinary pictures in general. if i were to take pictures of words, i switch to text mode and take it from a bit far than usual and it works. the no auto focus feature also make video recoding 720p, really clear.

memory card cant be taken out without removing the battery.. i guess i treat it as a anti theft system cause all the important stuff is on it if your phone were pass locked.
    Last edited by henryy; 03-05-12 at 07:23 PM.
    03-05-12 07:21 PM
    When you say memory card are you talking about the SIM card or SD card?
    03-05-12 07:33 PM
    Once I figured out how to get the battery door off it wasn't a problem, speakers are plenty loud for me, haven't needed to take my memory card out, & since OS 7.1 my battery has lasted all day. The camera takes ok pics - I use my Nikon for anything important.
    03-05-12 07:51 PM

Neither can be removed without removing the battery. The only time I've ever taken out my SD card was when I upgraded to a 32Gb.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    03-05-12 07:57 PM
    I have no issues with the battery door or memory card location.
    03-05-12 07:58 PM

There botht the same you need the battery out too get too both the sim card and the memory card
    03-05-12 09:08 PM
    well i own a iphone 4s and galaxy s2. both i manage to take thier full battery potential as i could but reading tips and os upgrade. i never expierence battery issue on my 9900, but i upgraded to os 7.1... 267. brightness to 10, 20 sec screen off. it last me a full day with led coverage blicking 17500times a day, i switched it off recently and my bold 9900 lasted 2 days.

for battery door, yeah it is quite a problem for some, for me i have short nails and opening it make my nail bleed. so i use a dime.
    no auto focus, it sucks only when taking close object or text. but overall it take extraodinary pictures in general. if i were to take pictures of words, i switch to text mode and take it from a bit far than usual and it works. the no auto focus feature also make video recoding 720p, really clear.

memory card cant be taken out without removing the battery.. i guess i treat it as a anti theft system cause all the important stuff is on it if your phone were pass locked.
    Call me pessimistic or what ever, but treating it as an anti theft system, I've never ever heard of a robbery that someones said "give me your memory card you can keep the phone"
    03-05-12 09:10 PM

1, Bricking issue.

3, No auto-focus.

4, Battery life.

1. Hasn't been an issue for a long time. Someone says otherwise? Then you know that is a person you should never take advice from.

2. Its a phone, not a tape deck.

3. So what. The 9810 & 9860 do.

4. No longer an issue if your OS is up to date and your willing to spend 3 bucks on a Nokia AC-6U charger. Buy the Nokia no matter what Blackberry you buy and avoid using the included charger, its junk and it will start nipping away at your battery life as soon as you start using it. Have the Nokia on hand when you get the phone.

5. You afraid of breaking a nail? Why would you need to take the battery cover off anyway? Use alt+shift+del and removing the cover becomes a rare event. If its a problem though, invest in a dime.

6. Its perfectly fine for "Speaker Phone use" but watching a video in a noisy environment may cause you to want some headphones. Sennheiser is nice if you go that route.

BlackBerry 9900
    03-05-12 09:29 PM
    1. Hasn't been an issue for a long time. Someone says otherwise? Then you know that is a person you should never take advice from.

2. Its a phone, not a tape deck.

3. So what. The 9810 & 9860 do.

4. No longer an issue if your OS is up to date and your willing to spend 3 bucks on a Nokia AC-6U charger. Buy the Nokia no matter what Blackberry you buy and avoid using the included charger, its junk and it will start nipping away at your battery life as soon as you start using it. Have the Nokia on hand when you get the phone.

5. You afraid of breaking a nail? Why would you need to take the battery cover off anyway? Use alt+shift+del and removing the cover becomes a rare event. If its a problem though, invest in a dime.

6. Its perfectly fine for "Speaker Phone use" but watching a video in a noisy environment may cause you to want some headphones. Sennheiser is nice if you go that route.

BlackBerry 9900
    I know and fully understand what your saying but these are cons too this phone, in your saying of "its a phone not a tape deck" that implies you see any phone that can do this is a tape deck?

Bricking issue is still there but not on here.

I'm not scared of breaking a nail at all, my battery door is fine, but people do have the problem of it
    03-06-12 12:39 PM
    Pro: Nothing I've used to date beats the BB keyboard, the phones seem to last better than anything else out there & BBM.

Cons: Junk edof camera, does not have the ability to video chat, can't use skype, lacks the ability to do quick deposit & literally no business apps.
    03-06-12 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD