Hi everyone,

A few days ago my Z10 encountered a software issue (loaded the latest OS with the battery almost empty & never got the opportunity to restart the OS which leaves me with a blinking red light). Therefore I am switching to my Bold 9900 until this problem is resolved.

However, when I put the micro SIM card from the Z10 in, it asked me to enter my BlackBerry ID. It has been saying �Please Wait...� for about an hour now. I'm not what the problem is. Should I wait longer? I have never used this SIM in my bold 9900 before, as I had to switch from a normal SIM to a micro SIM when switching to the Z10. I am now using a micro SIM/SIM adapter and no longer have the old SIM card. I have never made a back-up (stupid) so swiping the device (which is an option within the BlackBerry ID screen) would mean losing lots of memories :-) Also, I have BIS enabled so that's up and running in the background (had a quick look before the BlackBerry ID screen appeared).

Thanks in advance!!!

Dimitri
    06-10-14 02:34 PM
    1. ALWAYS back up your phone before reloading software. You should back it up once a month if you can or at least have your photos synced to LINK or through a cloud service like DropBox.

2. NEVER do an OTA OS update without plugging it in. Even if it was enough to do the update, you are taking a big risk if the battery is too low.

You, my friend, may have just lost yourself a bunch of memories.

Use LINK to reload the device software.

Lesson learned?
    06-10-14 02:50 PM