Problem: Neither Desktop manager nor my computer (running vista) will recognize my blackberry bold 9930

Background: Yesterday I decided to get a little adventurous and download my itunes library, and contract list to my newly acquired blackberry... Cake right? I just woke up since I gave up talking the the blackberry representative at 3:30 am since we'd been going at it for about six hours. The blackberry keeps saying there's no driver software. Here's what I've tried...

1) Re-installing desktop manager (30-40 times)
    2) Using different USB cables
    3) Turning off anti virus
    4) Going to device manager and uninstalling the device then plugging it back in
    5) Turning off the "power save auto off" on each of my USB ports
    6) Doing a force detect (plugging in blackberry w/o battery, then after hitting "upgrade" plugging blackberry in. Interestingly enough the computer will recognize the blackberry when the battery is out, but it doesn't allow me to alter anything. Once I plug in the battery, the blackberry is no longer visible)
    7) Registering some .dll (I forget which one it was late)

To make it more confusing, I went to my other computer (windows 7) and it worked within 5 minutes and I had full access to everything. With windows vista, it keeps saying "insert cd rom with driver software." With the windows 7 computer, it downloaded the drivers right off the phone. I tried to copy the driver files from the windows 7 computer and transfer them to my vista, but the vista "says" it encountered a problem.

(on vista) Under device manager, when I just plug my blackberry in it reads "RIM composite device, code 1, there is no driver for this element. When I browse drivers and select "blackberry device," it gives me a "code 10 error, device cannot start."

I really don't want to have to transfer 20gb of music and 300 contacts to my other computer so what can I do for my vista computer...

Thanks in advance
    05-12-12 11:53 AM
    get drivers, upgrade to 7...
    05-12-12 12:10 PM
    I had the same problem with loading the DM to the gf's computer running Vista(hate). After loading and reloading trying different usb ports and turning off anti virus, I rebooted both the pc and my bb. But the kicker was when I pulled the cable a few millimeters out of the blackberry. All of a sudden it worked. D@m cables anyway! Hope this may work for you as well. Oh and make sure the usb port your connecting to lights up the lightening bolt on the bb! Good luck!
    05-12-12 04:27 PM
    Try turning uac (user account control) off.
    05-12-12 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD