I have been trying to backup my 9900 with the Desktop Manager and for some reason the output file I get is a .bbb and not the regular .ipd. When trying to restore the phone the Desktop Manager does not recognize the .bbb file since it is a Mac file. I tried changing it to a .zip file and the .ipd is not inside. Can anyone help please???
    12-15-11 08:02 PM
    Are you sure that you're looking at the right files? I once did a device switch backup, and the files were .bbb, while the regular routine small-scale backup creates .ipd files. What size are these .bbb files that your desktop manager is making, on average? Because if they're in the order of tens of MBs then they're definitely not regular backups.
    Last edited by pavichokche; 12-15-11 at 11:05 PM.
    12-15-11 10:21 PM
    1072KB and that�s about the size of all other 3 backups I have tried in the past two weeks. By the way, 7.0.0.32 is the Desktop Software version I�m using.
    12-16-11 06:12 AM
    Hmm, so you're using the leaked version of the desktop manager. I would suggest uninstalling it and getting the latest official release from here. Perhaps there is some bug with it causing this issue. If this turns out to be the case, make sure to drop the guys at the Beta Zone a note about it.
    verguito likes this.
    12-16-11 11:06 AM
    Thanks a million for your advice!! My .ipd is back!!! The problem is in the beta version. I will go to the Beta Zone right now to drop that note!!
    12-16-11 09:19 PM
    hey All i'm having the same problem but i have 6.1 installed (which is crashing but loader still works) and 5.0.1.42. i've followed the same ideas and there is no ipd file there??
    02-01-12 02:50 PM
    Hi,

Just been looking for more information on this; seems as though Desktop manager is now using the .BBB file format instead of the .IPD file extension.

Anyone know if the new format is any different to old .BBB (OS X) format?
    02-21-12 03:12 PM
    I'm having the same problem! I don't understand. I'm trying to restore my backup or my loaderbackup,but its in .bbb format. Even after I zip it and there's a .ipd file in it,BB DM doesn't allow to restore the content for some reason. I'm stuck with out all my data and I feel naked! Can somebody talk me through the process and give me a solution that works.
    02-22-12 04:16 PM
    03-17-12 11:18 PM
    First, you will need to know what an .ipd file extension is about IPD File Extension - Open .IPD files (Blackberry Phone Backup File) and then what a .bbb means.

After that, uninstall the old desktop manager and install the newest version with all the official released updates.

And voila !
    10-22-12 04:54 AM
    BBB file is a new backup format created in the latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager. If you need to recover data from it, you can restore it back to your phone using the latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager, or perhaps with a 3rd party software like Blackberry Backup Extractor.
    10-31-12 05:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD