So my 9900 has been working great until last friday when I finally put on my commuter case then the phone start acting weird (keypad,menu button isn't working n when the phone gone to sleep mode it wouldn't come back on again) but as soon as I take off the outer part of the case the phone would come back n working normal... Do any of u guys know if this is a problem with my phone or the case causing something to it! Been hearing a lot of great reviews about the commuter so its really dissapointing to finally have it n not being able to use it..
    11-07-11 02:23 PM
    I haven't had any issues, are you sure that there are no other buttons that are depressed when the outer case is on the device? I know that the hard plastic outer shell fits pretty tight, and can be hard to get on sometimes. Make sure that none of the buttons are being pressed down once the case is put on, maybe that is the cause?
    11-07-11 02:25 PM
    You might want to see this thread too: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-phone-666273/

Looks like it scuffs up the phone too.
    11-07-11 03:19 PM
    I have it and is difficult to press the lock button, I have to press really hard on it, but it works... As far as the keyboard, its working fine.
    I would recommend taking it off and put it back on, because I know its really hard to put on and like the previous post suggested, it could have some keys depressed or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 03:21 PM
    Sounds like the case is holding down a button.

That isn't the norm tho so sounds like something is wrong with your particular case. Also the lock button should be very easy to press...
    11-07-11 03:23 PM
    I've tried taking it off n putting it back on.. The funny thing I should mention though whenever I took it off n put it back on the phone would work fine for a couple hours or so until it start acting up again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 03:25 PM
    Probably the case settling after putting it on or shifting, presses the button partially down eventually.
    11-07-11 03:31 PM
    You might want to see this thread too: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-phone-666273/

Looks like it scuffs up the phone too.
    No, the Defender and the Commuter are different cases. I have the Commuter on my 9900 and it works wonderfully, without scuffing. Get it straight, please. The Defender is not relevant to this thread.

OP, it really sounds like either your Commuter is way too tight and needs to be stretched a bit, or it's not perfectly aligned and some of the buttons are getting mashed down. It takes some adjustment to get the silicone seated properly and all the buttons fully centered in the cutouts.
    Last edited by rrrebo; 11-07-11 at 03:53 PM.
    11-07-11 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD