Before the flames start, yes i did a thread and google search and didn't see any solutions for this issue. Just started a few days ago. Whenever I charge my phone now (oem or 3rd party charger) instead of going to the clock it launches the Telenav application. Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, how did you resolve it? Again, sorry if this was asked already....i just couldn't find it in search. Thanks.
    05-08-12 05:16 PM
    I don't use Telenav but I do have an app that runs in the background after rebooting. And does try to open when I'm using the browser. After it does this I use the menu/close method and it won't popup again. Worst case delete it and reinstall from Appworld. Best of luck.
    05-08-12 07:44 PM
    I don't use Telenav but I do have an app that runs in the background after rebooting. And does try to open when I'm using the browser. After it does this I use the menu/close method and it won't popup again. Worst case delete it and reinstall from Appworld. Best of luck.
    Tried the uninstall/reinstall method already. It just does it again once i reinstall than i have to close Telenav once it launches. Its just a minor annoyance that I wish i can fix. Thanks though.
    05-08-12 07:47 PM
    Sounds like it is set to stay open by default. Open the app and check the options. You may be able to change the settings so it does not try to run "all" the time.
    05-08-12 10:27 PM
    Sounds like it is set to stay open by default. Open the app and check the options. You may be able to change the settings so it does not try to run "all" the time.
    No, it doesn't start up when the phone is booted and its not "always on". The app starts up by itself whenever I plug in the charger. I than have to exit the app and it stays closed (not running in background). If I disconnect the charger and re-connect it....it starts the app again.
    05-08-12 10:48 PM
    This is a long shot. But looking at it logically there is one app that is supposed to start when you plug in the charger - bedside mode clock. If this were a Windows PC, I'd say there is something wrong with the registry. I think the rough equivalent to registry on a BB is the service book. Perhaps that is corrupt? You can have them resent and see what happens. I don't know how else an app can be associated with the charger plugin.
    05-09-12 08:07 AM
    I don't know how else an app can be associated with the charger plugin.
    It could be an option in the App or the phone so that if you use the phone in a powered cradle/mount in the car it goes into Nav mode.
    05-09-12 08:18 AM
    It could be an option in the App or the phone so that if you use the phone in a powered cradle/mount in the car it goes into Nav mode.
    There is no such option in Telenav.
    05-09-12 08:20 AM
    Maybe go into the Clock app and set it to activate when plugged in and it might overwrite whatever is causing the problem.
    05-09-12 08:32 AM
    Maybe go into the Clock app and set it to activate when plugged in and it might overwrite whatever is causing the problem.
    That is a good idea. Why didn't I think of it? :P
    05-09-12 08:40 AM
    This is a long shot. But looking at it logically there is one app that is supposed to start when you plug in the charger - bedside mode clock. If this were a Windows PC, I'd say there is something wrong with the registry. I think the rough equivalent to registry on a BB is the service book. Perhaps that is corrupt? You can have them resent and see what happens. I don't know how else an app can be associated with the charger plugin.
    How do i do that? That sounds a bit scary with a windows analogy being that if u fugg up the windows registry it won't run right.....don't wanna brick my phone
    05-10-12 07:12 PM
    Its Smart Accessories. Options - device - smart accessories. My Proclip car mount does the same. Its buggy though, because no matter what I change the docking options to in Smart Accessories, it always reverts back to launch Telenav. If I set to open anything else, it will do what I specified a few times then will soon change itself back to launching Telenav. I also have mine set to turn off wifi and turn on bluetooth. Very convenient.

Go ahead and delete the profiles you'll find in the Smart Accessories options, plug your BB into one of the aforementioned chargers and you should see a little panel pop up that asks you what actions you want to take when plugging in to that charger.
    05-10-12 08:07 PM
    Its Smart Accessories. Options - device - smart accessories. My Proclip car mount does the same. Its buggy though, because no matter what I change the docking options to in Smart Accessories, it always reverts back to launch Telenav. If I set to open anything else, it will do what I specified a few times then will soon change itself back to launching Telenav. I also have mine set to turn off wifi and turn on bluetooth. Very convenient.

Go ahead and delete the profiles you'll find in the Smart Accessories options, plug your BB into one of the aforementioned chargers and you should see a little panel pop up that asks you what actions you want to take when plugging in to that charger.
    THAT'S IT! LOL. Thanks for the help. Changed the settings and its working like normal (for now). Will keep an eye on it.
    05-10-12 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD