Here is some issues that I have with my 9900

I tried to downgrade my OS from 7.1 to 6 with the Blackberry Desktop Software. However, I was not able to do so because it could only downgrade it to 7.0. So I did. But:

-Now I can't access to BlackBerry World App it says : "The data service is not operational"
    -There is no WAY to upgrade the software FROM THE DEVICE ITSELF (I can only see the device software) so these steps cannot work at all : "You can update your BlackBerry smartphone OTA (over-the-air) without connecting to a computer. To get started, select the Options icon from the Home screen. Choose Device, then Software Updates and follow the instructions." (From BlackBerry website)
    -I can't set up an email
    -It says I can set up BBM but when I try to send and invitation to someone to chat it doesn't work and people don't receive my invites.

So I tried to use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to upgrade it back to 7.1 version but when I go in the application module in BlackBerry Desktop Software it shows no app at all! and when I click on upgrade it does nothing and stays at 7.0

Help please
    01-04-14 07:13 PM
    There is no OS6 for the 9900, if you had tried forcing the issue, you'd end up bricking your device.

I gotta ask, 7.1 is better than 7.0 so why did you do that?

-Now I can't access to BlackBerry World App it says : "The data service is not operational"

Are all radios and data connections on? OS updates on legacy devices usually turn everything off.

-There is no WAY to upgrade the software FROM THE DEVICE ITSELF (I can only see the device software) so these steps cannot work at all : "You can update your BlackBerry smartphone OTA (over-the-air) without connecting to a computer. To get started, select the Options icon from the Home screen. Choose Device, then Software Updates and follow the instructions." (From BlackBerry website)

Again, if you have your carrier network off, you won't be able to. More over you carrier has to have OTA updates enabled, which not all carriers do.

-I can't set up an email

Dare I ask again? And in case you do have them on, did you try re-registering the device? After that, make sure your BIS is connected (the BB dots on top near the signal strenghth).

-It says I can set up BBM but when I try to send and invitation to someone to chat it doesn't work and people don't receive my invites.

Sounds like you're not on BIS.

So I tried to use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to upgrade it back to 7.1 version but when I go in the application module in BlackBerry Desktop Software it shows no app at all! and when I click on upgrade it does nothing and stays at 7.0

Help please
    This blog post should help you!

Troubleshooting BlackBerry data issues | CrackBerry.com

And there there is this one about OS updates:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    01-04-14 07:22 PM
    Thank you,

I tried to download the last version of the 7.1 via the BlackBerry website and install through AppLoader. However when I fire the Loader it only shows that I can install/upgrade BlackBerry World and nothing else on the select app to install or delete from terminal.

In the meanwhile I can't use BlackBerry World at all on my phone even though I'm connected to wi-fi. Every time I click on the app it says : "you do not have sufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless network is turned off".

It's important to mention that my phone is not connected with any carrier at this moment and I only have wi-fi. However, I don't see why I should be to download apps.

Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 10:14 PM
    All I can say is follow the guide to the letter - seems to me you didn't kill vendor.xml. That coverage issue is a known one and should not happen if you use loader - as I remember, it's a Desktop Manager problem. (though I can always be wrong).
    Philippe Beliveau likes this.
    01-09-14 07:45 AM
    Appreciate it!

I was able to upgrade my device to the last software (7.1.2840). Everything works fine

Last thing, I can't add an email account. I have to add an email with activation enterprise. Is there a way to go around that process?

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    01-09-14 02:02 PM
    Appreciate it!

I was able to upgrade my device to the last software (7.1.2840). Everything works fine

Last thing, I can't add an email account. I have to add an email with activation enterprise. Is there a way to go around that process?

Posted via CB10
    Like I said, you need to check with your carrier you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS) enabled or nothing will work properly.
    01-09-14 08:14 PM