So I recently got the new 9900, and its great and I love it and such

But, I just did a battery pull and for some reason its taking AGES to actually load back up...how long is it supposed to take?
    I've been waiting you could say at least 5 - 10 mins and im pretty sure theres something wrong...

I've had 5 blackberry's in the past and this hasn't happened at all...
    Except once with my 9800 torch but it ended up being okay...

Any suitable help appreciated

EDIT - Okay, so it just worked HOWEVER, there has to be a problem or something....I probably waited a little over 15 minutes and then I took the battery out again...waited a minute or two and put it back in and it worked...
    Last edited by Beesh1; 02-02-12 at 03:13 PM.
    02-02-12 03:07 PM
    um...maybe mine is 3 to 4 min @.@ i think...
    02-02-12 03:11 PM
    it really depends on how many apps you have.

when I first got my phone, it would take abt 1 min to reboot because i didnt have many apps or files stored on device memory.

now it takes about 5-7 minutes.
    02-02-12 03:36 PM
    I barely have any apps....and I deleted the ones I dont need..
    The ones I have are Shazam, BB travel, facebook twitter and thats it!

But thanks
    02-02-12 04:02 PM
    Common problem. I used to do 3-4 pulls until it restarted until I learned that it just takes a long time. If it takes longer than 15/20 minutes, then there might be an issue but I have learned that it just takes awhile with the phone.
    02-02-12 05:42 PM
    I barely have any apps....and I deleted the ones I dont need..
    The ones I have are Shazam, BB travel, facebook twitter and thats it!

But thanks
    I have more or less app like you and mine take 1 and half minutes
    02-02-12 05:46 PM
    Also seems to take longer the more time that has passed since my last battery pull or if I've deleted a large file or app.
    02-02-12 07:19 PM
    Just soft boot. Alt-right shif- del. Press and hold in sequence. If it was your first batt pull it, that may have been the reason for the long wait. Mine only takes a few minutes, 12+ apps installed.
    02-02-12 07:27 PM
    What OS are you running? I noticed after I upgraded to 7.1 (on my 9930 VZW) boot time is pretty quick (maybe one minute). I have 6 apps or so. Seemed to take longer boot time when I still had a 7.0 OS.
    02-03-12 12:55 AM
    So I recently got the new 9900, and its great and I love it and such

But, I just did a battery pull and for some reason its taking AGES to actually load back up...how long is it supposed to take?
    I've been waiting you could say at least 5 - 10 mins and im pretty sure theres something wrong...

I've had 5 blackberry's in the past and this hasn't happened at all...
    Except once with my 9800 torch but it ended up being okay...

Any suitable help appreciated

EDIT - Okay, so it just worked HOWEVER, there has to be a problem or something....I probably waited a little over 15 minutes and then I took the battery out again...waited a minute or two and put it back in and it worked...

A shrunk & naked OS should never take more then 1'40
    02-03-12 12:58 AM
    Just soft boot. Alt-right shif- del. Press and hold in sequence. If it was your first batt pull it, that may have been the reason for the long wait. Mine only takes a few minutes, 12+ apps installed.
    There's not any differences between soft reset and battery pulls on matter of time
    02-03-12 01:00 AM
    There's not any differences between soft reset and battery pulls on matter of time
    And pulling off the case if you have one then the door, then yanking out the battery is something you find easier than pressing 3 buttons?
    Last edited by albee 1; 02-03-12 at 01:19 AM.
    02-03-12 01:15 AM
    Thanks for the advice
    It's not the newest OS7 i think its just the standard one...

I've found that the first few seconds it'll go really quickly but when the bar gets to the 'E' in Blackberry it sometimes freezes there....
    02-03-12 07:58 AM
    Try a recent backup. Or backup and do a security wipe and then restore. I would try this first before reloading the Os. Best of luck.
    02-03-12 08:16 AM
    Something I noticed is when doing a battery pull, wait 30 secs or so before putting the battery back in. Not sure why this helps with today's technology but it seems to.

Kind of reminds me of old electronics where you'd have to wait a bit before the capacitors are discharged lol
    02-03-12 08:21 AM
    Why do people insist on pulling the battery out of modern Blackberry's? WHY? Have none of you ever noticed the OS7 phones use an indexing system that is active even if you are not using the phone? Thus the lag immediately after startup? Thus the reason it says "INDEXING" when you do a search after a restart?

Tell ya what. Go yank the battery out of your Laptop a few times when its running or pull the plug on your desktop a few times when its running and get back to me on the battery pull thing.

If your phone freezes up, Cool, yank the battery.

If it doesnt, use "alt-shift-del".

Just because everyone is picking their nose, doesn't mean you have to pick your nose.

The phones and the firmware don't ALL respond to "The same old tricks".
    02-03-12 11:24 AM
    Yes indexing takes awhile but it usually does that after it boots. Rebooting clears the flash memory and anything that it may get hungup on. Besides some of us like to pick our nose!
    02-03-12 12:52 PM
    Yes indexing takes awhile but it usually does that after it boots. Rebooting clears the flash memory and anything that it may get hungup on. Besides some of us like to pick our nose!
    What part of "People are pulling the battery when the phone is indexing" don't you understand? Not to mention it takes a lot longer than alt-shift-del.

As for picking your nose, I'm cool with that.
    02-03-12 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD