So how many of you use the predictive text on the 9900?

if you do use it, do you like it? why do you like it?

personally, i find the predictions a bit slow, and pressing space wont complete the word-->truly annoying!

so please tell me do you use it or not?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    05-10-13 08:37 AM
    not on my 9850 or my family's 9930

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Verizon Wireless
    05-10-13 08:46 AM
    I've tried to use it but find it bothersome. I prefer the 'corrective' setting I seem to be faster typing that way.

Sometimes when typing lengthy emails the predictive text gets in the way and breaks my concentration, while corrective lets me continue to flow through the email. And if there is a mistake I have spell check set to catch it before the email is sent.

I'm really interested to see how I'm going to like the way the Q10 uses predictive/word substitution/auto correct/word flick gestures.
    deezy87 likes this.
    05-10-13 09:02 AM
    I've tried to use it but find it bothersome. I prefer the 'corrective' setting I seem to be faster typing that way.

Sometimes when typing lengthy emails the predictive text gets in the way and breaks my concentration, while corrective lets me continue to flow through the email. And if there is a mistake I have spell check set to catch it before the email is sent.

I'm really interested to see how I'm going to like the way the Q10 uses predictive/word substitution/auto correct/word flick gestures.
    Q10 has a much better predictive technique.

as you type word suggestions appear on the bottom, this doesnt happen on the bbos devices, the suggestions take their own good time to appear.

Agree about the flow. Breaks it by sometimes suggesting totally unwanted words.

personally i think that T9 was the best predictive software ever, only bested by swiftkey and the BB10 virtual keyboard.

05-10-13 10:25 AM
    I've been using it for a while now. At first I didn't care for it but as time went on I now find I would be lost without it. Especially the longer words, it saves me a lot of time. If it predicts the wrong word as I'm typing I just keep typing and it finds it or gives me a choice to pick from. It's one of those features that will take a bit to get used to, but after you do you'll love it!
    05-10-13 10:51 AM

Pretty much sums up how i feel !!
    05-10-13 02:35 PM
    I've been using it for a while now. At first I didn't care for it but as time went on I now find I would be lost without it. Especially the longer words, it saves me a lot of time. If it predicts the wrong word as I'm typing I just keep typing and it finds it or gives me a choice to pick from. It's one of those features that will take a bit to get used to, but after you do you'll love it!
    yeah really helps when you are typing longer words!

but pressing space doesn't complete the word, this is so annoying!
    The learning feature is good.

05-10-13 10:32 PM

I'm going to wait a tad bit longer for the Q, however I use the corrective typing for everything, seems like it saves me a bit of time, as per punctuation and all that.
    05-11-13 12:42 PM
    The Q10 barely has any bezel available for the gestures, i seem to like the Z10 more than the Q10.

05-12-13 10:38 PM