there is something wrong with your phone...

mine actually takes it a step further and switches to vibrate periodically switches to vibrate all on her lonesome, which makes for an interesting escapade when my gf starts wondering why i'm not answering my phone...
    but when I power cycled the demo model at the Verizon store today, it did NOT switch to vibrate when it rebooted... figures the store get a completely functioning model, lol...

also, since Monday, I have now had 4 random reboots, and my visual voicemail still doesn't work... not to mention from the blackberry app world, it states that blackberry podcast, blackberry protect, and countless other apps are not available for my phone... =/

I know I'm missing some other phantom problem, I just can't remember it right now, lol...

other than that, I actually really love the phone... form factor, slim, the battery is not all that bad from my 9650... that guy I had 2 spare batteries running in OEM charging units constantly...

*just remembered what I forgot... the sound for the trackpad has a tendency to disappear on her own as well... I have to make a call then it'll magically come back on...
    08-18-11 11:54 PM
    Did you do a device switch? Sometimes there can be conflicts with the remnants of BBOS 6. Try and wipe your phone and reload the OS.
    08-19-11 12:08 AM
    actually did that, because the genius at the Verizon store decided to tea Stowe all files over from the 9650 to the 9930 and didn't switch the memory card over... so over 1500 pictures and countless other music/ videos etc got saved onto the 9930's internal memory, lol...

so when I got home, I did a wipe and reinstalled everything to save me the grief...

appreciate the suggestion, but yeah, tech support trouble shot the phone and concluded they are going to send me a brand new one... at least I can run around without a screen protector or case and not worry about it for awhile...
    08-19-11 12:19 AM
    Mine does this as well. When I reboot/restart it always resets wallpaper and put it into vibrate mode. I did not do device switch however I am on BES and it may have settings stored.
    08-20-11 10:56 PM
    ......and my visual voicemail still doesn't work......
    How so? I just posted in another thread that mine (sucks) only shows a list of calls separated by date. You can save the file to the sd card, but there's no more "Trash" section that you can get back your deleted calls. Just a very vanilla looking "app" if you could even call it one, and def not sure I want to keep paying for it.

Did they say the vibrate issue is something they'll replace it for? Mine does it on every reboot. Drives me nuts.

..switches to vibrate all on her lonesome, .... the sound for the trackpad has a tendency to disappear on her own as well.....
    Ahem!
    08-25-11 11:14 PM
    Problem has been fixed in .353. Since I installed it yesterday, that and a few other bugs are no more.
    08-25-11 11:41 PM
    How so? I just posted in another thread that mine (sucks) only shows a list of calls separated by date. You can save the file to the sd card, but there's no more "Trash" section that you can get back your deleted calls. Just a very vanilla looking "app" if you could even call it one, and def not sure I want to keep paying for it.

Did they say the vibrate issue is something they'll replace it for? Mine does it on every reboot. Drives me nuts.

Ahem!
    well, I refer to the phone as a "her" because she's temperamental? lol, just kidding... kinda... but yes they will be replacing the device... all the demo versions at a local vzw store don't have same issue, go figure...

and no, I agre with you completely, the visual voicemail is not worth paying extra for now...
    08-26-11 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD