Recently acquired a BB 9900. Everything seems to work except I cant turn it off/on using the power button at the top? What do I need to do to get this working? The on/off buttons on the phone work. Thanks!
    03-16-17 04:54 PM
    Afaik, the button on top is only a "lock" button. If there's a way to make it a power button, I'm unaware of it. Fwiw. There might be a setting I've never heard of or an app but I'm happy to lock & leave live for message & alert updates, if nothing else. I just press and hold "End" button to shut down. Press "End" button to turn back on. Battery pull shuts it down solid. 99% duty cycle hasn't worn out this old 9930 yet. Lol.
    03-17-17 12:10 AM
    There was a suggestion on this thread.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...orking-748924/

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-17-17 03:07 AM
    Recently acquired a BB 9900. Everything seems to work except I cant turn it off/on using the power button at the top? What do I need to do to get this working? The on/off buttons on the phone work. Thanks!
    I assume you're just hoping to turn the screen on and off with the lock button, as usual.

If it's not working, the best solution is probably to replace the button. The 9900 is one of the better built smartphones, and disassembly is quite straightforward.
    03-18-17 10:24 AM
    Afaik, the button on top is only a "lock" button. If there's a way to make it a power button, I'm unaware of it. Fwiw. There might be a setting I've never heard of or an app but I'm happy to lock & leave live for message & alert updates, if nothing else. I just press and hold "End" button to shut down. Press "End" button to turn back on. Battery pull shuts it down solid. 99% duty cycle hasn't worn out this old 9930 yet. Lol.
    Thanks for lifting the fog for me on this one..just don't know where my head was at. Too many power buttons on other phones, and I just assumed lol. Oh and thanks for saving me the hassle of reflashing!
    03-19-17 12:36 AM