I know I'm not the only one who thinks at the level 10 setting that the display is STILL too bright. It's almost impossible to read anything at night for more than a minute without having your eyes burned out and stabbed with a hot poker at level 10. In fact at night if you turn auto-dim ON, the screen does in fact get slightly dimmer than level 10 so it definitely is possible. Are there any apps out there that would turn this display down below 10?
    10-23-11 01:42 PM
    People have wanted this since older BB's have been around. As of yet nothing short of a tinted screen protector or a privacy shield for mobile will help. Let us know if you find anything else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 02:47 PM
    Yeah I like to use mine as an alarm clock and even in bedside mode its just a little too bright. Not the end of the world but a little dimmer would be nice.
    10-23-11 04:33 PM
    Gotta figure that this is controllable via software somehow, if not with a 3rd party app then RIM needs to make some OS changes! If I remember right, my previous BB was not this bright! Unless of course it was defective in that case with a weak display...

10-23-11 04:38 PM
    +1

Hope to find a third party app that does the job...or if a skilled developer is hearing us...please just write one from scratch!

Last edited by dee.one; 10-23-11 at 05:06 PM.
    10-23-11 05:02 PM
    Yeah I like to use mine as an alarm clock and even in bedside mode its just a little too bright. Not the end of the world but a little dimmer would be nice.
    If you find the bedside mode screen to be too bright, you can download the free app I have made called MyDimmer.
    You can find it on App World.

(Version 1.1 of MyDimmer is submitted 12 hours ago).
    06-28-12 07:29 AM
    Yes there is a way...
    First enable your eScreen Unlock Blackberry by MEP | BB MEP Reader | iUnlock Blackberry

Then go to OS Engeneering and select light sensor. Go to the "display zone" click on it and change "lower brightness" to 100...

That's it, however, goes back to normal when you reboot. I programmed a shortcut with Advanced OS LED app to easily do it.

Enjoy
    06-28-12 02:48 PM
    NO, you are not alone!
    I always wanted this option in my 9900 the screen dimmer as in iphone..so you can dim as much as you like ! cause i too feel like its too bright to use at night, even tho when i had the screen protector on (piracy) on! but yeah
    I wish the next release could do that but like RIM listens...thats the last thing i need to see on OS 7.1 and bugs free, and .523 is improved a lot tho
    06-28-12 04:16 PM
    I found in App World amaizing app for this job! Working in real time!

Dim Screen Professional (eyes)
    BlackBerry World - pmbb

You must set value from 0 to 256 to set dim,good is 150. And press enter!
    10-09-13 11:33 PM
    Brilliant! Downloading now...

I use my 9900 as a bedside/alarm clock and have to angle it so the light isn't bothering me or my wife. This will help a lot...I've been wanting this capability for years.

Update :. Okay, this works great,but a couple of things... Know that the HIGHER the number setting on the app, the LOWER the screen brightness level. Somewhat counterintuitive, but maybe I'm just dumb. Also if you set the app to 256 the screen goes black and can only be recovered with a reboot...d'oh!

It would be great if the app setting could be tied to the bedside mode but maybe that's not possible.
    Last edited by DaveTheA; 10-11-13 at 09:07 AM.
    10-10-13 10:47 PM
    Yes, it it good comment about dimm screen from 256 to 0. it is logical...
    But you do not need reset the BlackBerry when you set 255 value.
    Just press menu button longer, click icon application dimm screen and now click escape button.
    This turn off application and your screen back to normal brightness.
    10-18-13 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD