View Poll Results: Screen Protector - Yes or NO ?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I use & want one on my screen !

39 66.10%
  • No - not for me on my screen !

19 32.20%
  • Don't care either way

1 1.69%
    If you are a Bold 9900, Torch or Storm user with a full or duo-role touchscreen... do you use/recommend a screen protector?

...with all due respect to Dx3me, who started a recent huge thread (we can't easily count up all the replies) and to old polls back in 2009 -- let's get the current CB take on this question...
    09-06-11 07:41 PM
    Whats the point of these threads? Go buy one and try it out yourself. If you like it then great, and if you don't you burned $10-$20. Not a big deal.
    09-06-11 08:11 PM
    I bought a 2 pack today from Seidio.
    09-06-11 08:12 PM
    Should never be needed if the bb screen was made well enough, or any phone. My Tour had hairline fine scratches all over the screen only a few weeks after taking off the protector. I'm sure same will happen again, but it's just so much better naked and proper on the 9930

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 09:48 PM
    If you are mobile, you can't see the poll results, so here they are...
    63% - Yes - I use & want one on my screen !
    33% - No - not for me on my screen !

But small sample size.
    09-12-11 10:22 PM
    I ordered a bestskinsever and it's on the way (impatiently waiting in Canada, the land where everything ordered online takes three weeks to arrive...). I still have the original screen protector on the phone...yes, the one that scratches easily and has that big tab at the top so you could easily peel it off the day you get it like you're supposed to.
    09-12-11 10:33 PM
    I ordered a bestskinsever and it's on the way (impatiently waiting in Canada, the land where everything ordered online takes three weeks to arrive...). I still have the original screen protector on the phone...yes, the one that scratches easily and has that big tab at the top so you could easily peel it off the day you get it like you're supposed to.
    If you want a static cling type protector, order from Clarivue. They ship out of Richmond Free shipping too!
    Masahiro likes this.
    09-13-11 01:29 AM
    If you want a static cling type protector, order from Clarivue. They ship out of Richmond Free shipping too!
    I'll keep that in mind for next time. Thanks.
    09-13-11 01:53 AM
    I voted "No", but not that I have anything against them in principle... just that I can never get them perfect, and it irritates me greatly to be slightly off, or have bubbles etc.

This is not a "tried-once-then-gave-up" deal either. Over the years, on numerous devices I accepted I was useless at it and just opted to bear the consequences of going nekkid!
    Sharma15 likes this.
    09-13-11 04:49 AM
    I just ordered the ones from Verizon and I have used them before they work well. The only reason I am using one is that I am afraid it might get scratched going in and out of the holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 06:35 AM
    I have always used a screen protector.....and always will.

I don't see what's wrong with having a little extra protection on the screen. I've just bought a Martin Fields one for my 9900. It was a doddle to apply and doesn't seem to affect the screen operation or clarity in any way.
    09-13-11 08:06 AM
    I mainly used the anti-glare version so it keeps off the fingerprint. Clarivue makes decent antiglare one, I always buy from them. Enter clarivue1210 to get 10% off

ps. I get no commission from this whatsoever, I just like their product.
    09-13-11 08:16 AM
    Go for the Martin Field ones ... just released, they are the best on the market without question.
    09-13-11 09:09 AM
    I got a full body Screen Protector Shield. I had the torch with no protector and it never got scratched, but I would rather just play it safe
    Teknojnky likes this.
    09-13-11 09:14 AM
    If you are mobile, you can't see the poll results, so here they are...
    66% - Yes - I use & want one on my screen !
    32% - No - not for me on my screen !

(This poll closed but replies still open; 59 poll responses)
    09-27-11 07:29 PM
    No. Protection feels unnatural........
    09-27-11 07:40 PM
    i got a screen protector on but have to admit that the anti glare from Smartphone Experts is not really my thing...visibility outside of a building goes massively down.
    I will take it of again.
    09-28-11 01:26 AM
    I use a clear view screen protector... it works well and does not affect clarity.... atleast am not worried that I would scratch my screen and its to be on safe side despite what anyone might say as an accident just happens once and it costs peanuts to protect it!!
    09-28-11 07:57 AM
    No. Protection feels unnatural........
    LOL.. Sounds like the truth to me.
    09-28-11 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD