View Poll Results: Did you experienced any serious problem?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, software mostly

16 21.33%
  • Yes, hardware moslty

14 18.67%
  • No. Everything works just fine

50 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    The question it's simple. How many of you had experienced any kind of 'serious' problems? I mean, bricked/nuked phones, on-board memory problems, contacts/bbmcontacts problems, any kind of software/hardware problems, etc.

I kown more people that HAD problems with both soft and hardware, than people who had not. Mostly dead phones that won't start, bricked/nuked phones, and keyboard problems.

I personally had 'a few' ��
    - my LED indicator light just stoped working, for no reason.
    - my keyboard won't work properly (couple of buttons are kinda stuck)
    - my 9900 nukes/brickes itself every 2 or 3 weeks.
    - had to wipe couple of times my onboard memory because couldn't be repaired...
    - lost all my bbm contacts FROM MY BBID (WTF right?!)

anyways.... tell me your experiences with BB 9900
    calles likes this.
    01-29-13 09:55 AM
    Possibly I do not ask that much of my 9900 but I have experienced no significant problems. Over the last year I have had to pull my battery a couple of times and about the same on my wife's 9900. We don't do games or significant web activity - email and phone service is first class.
    01-29-13 10:05 AM
    I just use it for email, bbm, whatsapp, facebook and twitter. Don't have any games, apps, no more than 10 photos and 2 or 3 songs... However, had all those problems.
    01-29-13 10:12 AM
    I can't report any issues either. I use twitter, Facebook, listening to music and daily scheduling, and a lot of BBM. Sorry to hear that you have not had the same experience.
    01-29-13 10:23 AM
    I do have some issues with my 9900, there are times where it will just drop the MicroSD card.
    I will have to physically remove it then put it back in (challenging with the placement of the battery).
    This was a LOT worst with the release OS. Now it only happens once in a blue moon.
    Other than that its been a really solid communications device.
    01-29-13 10:29 AM
    I have regular random restarts. Or the phone won't wake up, which requires a battery pull. Not massive problems but annoying nevertheless!
    01-29-13 10:39 AM
    I have had my 9900 for about a year and I have never had any major issues like you. I use to have random reboots when I first purchased it but OS updates have fixed that issue. I always update to the latest OS regardless if it's from my carrier.
    01-29-13 11:16 AM
    I've had no problems since I first purchased my 9930 last year. It's randomly re-booted maybe twice that I can remember and every once in a blue moon, I'll have the spinning clock show up. Battery pulls still happen but 90% of the time it is because I swap batteries out and not because of a major issue. I think I still do battery pulls and soft resets out of habit, but the 9930 and OS 7.1 are solid.
    01-29-13 11:40 AM
    Nearly a year in with my AT&T branded 9900, and haven't had a single problem, software(had 7.0 on it, but immediately put a 7.1 OS on it) nor hardware. In all honesty, I think this is one of the most rugged BB I've owned.

There was certainly problems with the first batch that seemed to cause all sorts of issues.
    01-29-13 11:59 AM
    Definitely me, I would be in a call and it would just spontaniously reset. Or I would get the red blinking light and I would have to load new software

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-29-13 12:48 PM
    When I bought my 9900 it came with 7.0....kept loading leaks, then the BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrids. Everything is mint!
    Legal Eagle and Ecm like this.
    01-29-13 01:56 PM
    no issues with my 9930,since purchase, use the phone every day for everything, Facebook,music, texting, emails, games and Blackberry bridge the phone has been great.
    01-29-13 02:41 PM
    I haven't experienced any really. Keep in mind on days off and when I'm bored ill wipe and reload the os just for fun.

I'm a nerd like that.

Sent from my game boy color
    goku_vegeta and dosto like this.
    01-29-13 11:26 PM
    The only issue I've noticed on my wife's Bold 9900 is that while in a call her phone will hang up by itself and dial back the person straight away.

As if correcting its mistake and re-establishes the call on it's own.

I have yet to experience any issues with mine.
    01-30-13 12:24 AM
    thanks everyone for sharing your experiences
    02-02-13 10:38 AM
    I love the design of the phone and its usefulness when it works. It is though, the worst Blackberry I have every used in terms of quality control. The paint on the keyboard fell off, keep in mind this phone wasn't abused at all. Blackberry refused to mail a new keyboard, I didn't even ask for the phone to be replaced. Also, the random disconnecting from the network while showing a 4G signal is a huge issue. You don't know when you are missing calls. Error 517 also just started appearing. This can be fixed reloading the OS, but, its a pain. The quality control on the 9900 is not the same as it was on the older ones.
    02-02-13 02:53 PM
    My issue was the micro USB connection, had to use cradle for consistent charge, updates on DM were difficult because a slight movement from phone would disconnect process. Upgraded to 9790. Love it.
    02-02-13 03:29 PM
    We have had 3 Bold 9900's for past 18 months, not one single problem!
    02-02-13 03:43 PM
    I see somebody trying to make some bad advertising from this Poll. Hopefully it'll go away!

R...

The question it's simple. How many of you had experienced any kind of 'serious' problems? I mean, bricked/nuked phones, on-board memory problems, contacts/bbmcontacts problems, any kind of software/hardware problems, etc.

I kown more people that HAD problems with both soft and hardware, than people who had not. Mostly dead phones that won't start, bricked/nuked phones, and keyboard problems.

I personally had 'a few' ��
    - my LED indicator light just stoped working, for no reason.
    - my keyboard won't work properly (couple of buttons are kinda stuck)
    - my 9900 nukes/brickes itself every 2 or 3 weeks.
    - had to wipe couple of times my onboard memory because couldn't be repaired...
    - lost all my bbm contacts FROM MY BBID (WTF right?!)

anyways.... tell me your experiences with BB 9900
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    02-02-13 03:57 PM
    The only problem I ever had with my 9900 was putting it down.
    02-02-13 04:04 PM
    Have an intermittent problem with my clock alarm not making any sound.
    02-02-13 05:05 PM
    i had to replace my 9900 3 times, prior to my current one, most of it was software based. one was signal but it was a Mex phone.
    02-02-13 05:26 PM
    I love the design of the phone and its usefulness when it works. It is though, the worst Blackberry I have every used in terms of quality control. The paint on the keyboard fell off, keep in mind this phone wasn't abused at all. Blackberry refused to mail a new keyboard, I didn't even ask for the phone to be replaced. Also, the random disconnecting from the network while showing a 4G signal is a huge issue. You don't know when you are missing calls. Error 517 also just started appearing. This can be fixed reloading the OS, but, its a pain. The quality control on the 9900 is not the same as it was on the older ones.
    I have mine for just over a year and it's 9/10 (I'm really carefully allways) so never had that problem.
    I DO have the 3G signal problem, it shows like have all the bars and BB logo, while actually don't have internet neither phone reception (I have missed calls every day... and just find out when recibing a text message notification... and that's doesn't happen every time.. so I sometimes don't even know). Did reinstall more than 5 times now and still have that problem...

I see somebody trying to make some bad advertising from this Poll. Hopefully it'll go away!

R...
    If you're saying that because of ME, you're totally wrong! I have one and I'm a BIG fan of bb 9900... i'm just tired of mine having so many problems... I did this poll because I though it was just a problematic device... however the poll itself prove me wrong. More "no"s than "yes"s.... I'm just 'scared' of buying a new 9900... just doing research for myself.
    For example everyday I have to format/erase my onboard memory, because it keeps rebooting (you can imagine that I have nothing on the device's memory because of that... and still have to format almost everyday because of this problem). I guess my onboard memory it's "broken"? can it be repaired? that would be my solution I guess...

After all, I think I'll buy a 9780 until Q10 comes out!
    02-02-13 10:14 PM
    I use, whatsapp,facebook,twitter, evernote, blackberry bridge, Waze for GPS daily, Blackberry news weekly.
    Receive about 150+ email a day. 30+ Text message a day.
    I use BBM daily also.
    Never had any bricking or nuke.
    No memory problem, no contacts lost, no hardware or software lost..
    02-02-13 10:45 PM
    I use, whatsapp,facebook,twitter, evernote, blackberry bridge, Waze for GPS daily, Blackberry news weekly.
    Receive about 150+ email a day. 30+ Text message a day.
    I use BBM daily also.
    Never had any bricking or nuke.
    No memory problem, no contacts lost, no hardware or software lost..
    that's my dreamed 9900 right there! lol
    02-03-13 09:02 AM
35 12