I searched but couldn't find anything on this other than reinstalling the podcasts app which I've already done.

My problem is theres no real podcast 'store' with categories and everything. It only lists the podcasts I've previously downloaded. Any ideas what I can do? Anyone else having this problem?
    05-21-12 01:43 AM
    yeah i got the same problem no clue how to fix it. keep me posted if you find a solution please. pm or post here tia
    05-21-12 01:51 AM
    That feature was removed when they updated the podcasts app a while back - no more podcast store exists. Why they chose to do that is totally beyond me. You can use an alternative app, like PodTrapper, which has the feature.
    Guyzer likes this.
    05-21-12 06:10 AM
    That sucks. I'd assume it has something to do with the switch to BB10. Annoying though. I'm surprised this is the first I found out about this. It gives you the option to search online and download them but its a lot nice having the store. I'll cheak out podtrapper. Thanks.
    05-21-12 12:43 PM
    i cant believe that... it would have been nice if they gave some sort of popup when u loaded it to let u know they disabled it instead of thinking it was just broken
    05-24-12 02:03 AM
    Where can I get great podcasts?
    05-24-12 12:27 PM
    Depends on what your interests are.
    05-24-12 01:19 PM
    that one podcast program u recommened costs $10. i have no problem paying for it as long as theres nothing free that can do the same thing
    05-26-12 02:53 AM
    I've been using PodTrapper for a few years and like it, but be warned there isn't support for it from the developer any more. His website, versatilemonkey.com is still functional, but it seems he ran out of time to provide support.
    06-08-12 08:59 AM
    That feature was removed when they updated the podcasts app a while back - no more podcast store exists. Why they chose to do that is totally beyond me. You can use an alternative app, like PodTrapper, which has the feature.
    Blackberry couldn't develop & deliver a functional Podcast App - the phones simply couldn't handle that type of tech.....
    ...So they pulled the plug on it.

Watch the insulting Video from RIM.

BlackBerry Podcasts
    Need help to make sure you're getting the MOST out of Podcasts for your BlackBerry� smartphone?

Change/Updates in Podcasts v1.6

The BlackBerry Catalog of Podcasts will no longer be available.
    Upon upgrade you will no longer be able to search or add Podcasts from the BlackBerry catalog
    You can still enjoy your own Podcasts by searching the web and entering the Podcast's URL
    View product information User Guides and Documentation
    Familiarize yourself with documentation for the BlackBerry Podcasts app for BlackBerry smartphones:

View the user guide
    Unfortunately, this has been a trend with RIM for a while now......
    ...Let's hope BB10 will be able to compete with basic functionality when it comes out.
    11-03-12 01:33 PM
    You can still het BlackBerry Podcasts here, don't panic:

BlackBerry - Podcast App - Get BlackBerry Podcasts on your Smartphone - US

There's no catalog though but you can add the podcasts rss feeds.
    Former iPhone User likes this.
    11-03-12 03:30 PM
    Here:

Check out BlackBerry Podcasts! You can find it at Error - BlackBerry App World
    11-03-12 03:37 PM
    Here:

Check out BlackBerry Podcasts! You can find it at Error - BlackBerry App World
    Clicked on your link but it shows up:
    Unknown item
    The requested item does not exist or is not available (EC )
    If it was previously there my guess is that RIM certainly would not want to draw attention to it.....
    ...And because their podcast app is not functional they removed the page.
    ...To prevent subsequent embarrassment from their lacking the know how to make it work.

I would love to know how to add a podcast feed to both my 9930 and two Playbooks belfast....
    ...How do I do it?

To return to the home page please click here
    11-04-12 01:01 PM
    Ok, just got off the phone with RIM tech support...
    ...Who flat out told me RIM pulled the plug on April 4th of this very year.
    ...They were kind enough to send me an email of which I will copy and paste below.

Discontinuation notice for BlackBerry Podcasts for BlackBerry smartphones Catalog

BlackBerry� Podcasts for BlackBerry smartphones

Please be advised that on April 4, 2012*, Research in Motion� (RIM�) will be releasing BlackBerry� Podcasts 1.6.

Impact to BlackBerry Smartphone Users

When US and Canadian BlackBerry Podcasts users upgrade to BlackBerry Podcasts 1.6, these BlackBerry Podcasts users will no longer have access to the BlackBerry� Catalog of Podcasts that is currently available through the BlackBerry Podcasts application.** The BlackBerry Catalog of Podcasts provides a library of free syndicated audio and video that users can browse, search, subscribe, stream or download to their BlackBerry device.

The BlackBerry Podcasts 1.6.application will only be available to existing BlackBerry Podcasts users from the BlackBerry App World™ storefront for use on BlackBerry devices. The Add Podcast RSS feature will continue to be accessible allowing BlackBerry Podcasts users to manually subscribe and download podcast content. If a BlackBerry Podcasts user downloads podcasts through the Add Podcast RSS feature, the content and channels will continue to be updated.

Please note: BlackBerry Podcasts smartphone users outside of the US and Canada should not be impacted by the BlackBerry Podcasts 1.6 release. BlackBerry Podcasts smartphone users outside the US and Canada will continue to access podcast content as currently available through the Add Podcast RSS feature.
    "Released" in the context of RIM's promulgation means that RIM let go ( they released ) support of the Podcast app....
    ...While I still have the APP listed in my Apps on my phone it does not show up on BB APP World.
    ...Gone as well is the functionality of manually adding an RSS feed.
    ...Which is what someone would want to do IF they wanted to subscribe to a podcast.

It is as I said, RIM didn't engineer enough tech into the phone for it to be able to support Podcast subscriptions....
    ....Thus, it was better for them to terminate any support it had for an app that wasn't functional and couldn't be functional.
    ....Perhaps most BB 7 users don't care about podcasts so it was no big deal.
    ....It's just ANOTHER function we can add to Blackberry's "can't do" or "can't compete" list of things.

WOW!
    11-04-12 03:03 PM
    Ok, just got off the phone with RIM tech support...
    ...Who flat out told me RIM pulled the plug on April 4th of this very year.
    ...They were kind enough to send me an email of which I will copy and paste below.

"Released" in the context of RIM's promulgation means that RIM let go ( they released ) support of the Podcast app....
    ...While I still have the APP listed in my Apps on my phone it does not show up on BB APP World.
    ...Gone as well is the functionality of manually adding an RSS feed.
    ...Which is what someone would want to do IF they wanted to subscribe to a podcast.

It is as I said, RIM didn't engineer enough tech into the phone for it to be able to support Podcast subscriptions....
    ....Thus, it was better for them to terminate any support it had for an app that wasn't functional and couldn't be functional.
    ....Perhaps most BB 7 users don't care about podcasts so it was no big deal.
    ....It's just ANOTHER function we can add to Blackberry's "can't do" or "can't compete" list of things.

WOW!
    Did you try the other link i posted? I downloaded it from it a week ago.
    11-04-12 03:17 PM
    I did try it belfast - it's not there now. Thanks for trying to help though....
    ...I really do appreciate it - just dumbfounded RIM would do this given everything else their phones can't do.
    11-04-12 05:34 PM
    Belfast, attempting to download the app from the link you provided rendered the following result.

Podcasts on 7.1.0.402-photo.jpg

"My device" ( Bold 9930 ) does NOW not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Podcast".

This is strange given that it did and even more strange that RIM thought it a good idea to move another function into "cant do" list of things.
    11-04-12 06:46 PM
    Belfast, attempting to download the app from the link you provided rendered the following result.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	124682

"My device" ( Bold 9930 ) does NOW not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Podcast".

This is strange given that it did and even more strange that RIM thought it a good idea to move another function into "cant do" list of things.
    It works fine for me but sucks nevertheless as I would preffer official support and a catalogue, I twitted them about it and even asked a couple of people I know from Rim about it and got no response.

The other option is to sync with itunes via DM or one of those OTA itunes sync apps.

Try downloading it from here, hope it works for you:

http://rroyy.com/ota/index2.php
    11-05-12 02:43 AM
    I'm confused by this thread. I happened to delete the BlackBerry Podcasts app just the other day (on purpose) and then re-installed it. I had no trouble.I did a search to find info on the app being discontinued, no longer supported, etc. and didn't find anything except the posts here.I can understand RIM removing the catalogue. Of the podcatchers I've used, none had a catalogue that was thorough and up to date, and RIM's was par for the course. And a creating and maintaining a catalogue when the user can use Google doesn't make sense. For me, the search feature works. It's clutzy, but it works.
    11-05-12 05:58 AM
    It works fine for me but sucks nevertheless as I would preffer official support and a catalogue, I twitted them about it and even asked a couple of people I know from Rim about it and got no response.

The other option is to sync with itunes via DM or one of those OTA itunes sync apps.

Try downloading it from here, hope it works for you:

RROYY - APPLICATIONS
    Thanks belfast, I will figure out a work around - I just liked the Native one just fine - it worked perfectly for me....
    ....I tried rroyy but that was a bust as well.
    ....the last update I did on my phone was what took me out of the running.
    11-05-12 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD