Hey guys/gals,

I need a little help, my Podcasts app does not seem to work at all. When open the app it does not give me any options, all it says is "No Podcasts" and 0 episodes. There's no option to browse for podcasts; pressing the menu key gives me media options but nothing else...

How do I work this app?

Thank you!
    11-13-12 12:13 AM
    Hey guys/gals,

I need a little help, my Podcasts app does not seem to work at all. When open the app it does not give me any options, all it says is "No Podcasts" and 0 episodes. There's no option to browse for podcasts; pressing the menu key gives me media options but nothing else...

How do I work this app?

Thank you!
    What you're looking at is not the Podcasts app, it's the Podcasts media folder.

Once you download the Podcasts app it will add another layer of functionality once you tap the Podcasts icon.
    MKDS and BBMINI like this.
    11-13-12 03:06 AM
    Thanks for the reply!

Where do I get the Blackberry Podcast app? I cannot find it in the App World.
    11-14-12 02:33 AM
    Did anyone ever answer this question?
    11-24-12 10:33 PM
    There are regions where Podcast App not supported for download (my case as well), but ... what you need to do is to go to rroyy.com on your device and from there to OTA install it.

Further upgrades of the OS, done through BBDM, will keep the app on the device
    11-25-12 03:39 AM
    What you're looking at is not the Podcasts app, it's the Podcasts media folder.

Once you download the Podcasts app it will add another layer of functionality once you tap the Podcasts icon.
    Thanks for this clarification. I recently moved to OS7.1 and was having the same issues (just a listing of my podcasts but no way to browse, etc).

I downloaded the podcast app from App World but I must be doing something wrong since now it seems to have deleted all my previously downloaded podcasts that had transferred from my Bold to my Torch. Then I plugged my torch into my laptop to look at the MicroSD card in the Torch and I can see that the previous downloads are still on the card, but I haven't yet figured out how to make them recognizable by the podcast app yet.

Also not particularly fond of the way the 7.1 podcast app browses and explores podcasts to subscribe to (i.e. it takes you to a Google search page so you can pick the item that most closely fits your search phrase, but it sure doesn't seem as intuitive to me as the OS6 podcast app).
    12-03-12 08:40 AM
    OK, so now that I've looked over a few more CB threads about this topic, it seems that RIM pulled the plug on the podcast store (for at least some parts of the world, the US included, unfortunately). No question that move sucks, and couldn't help RIM improve the perception of BlackBerrys since it's another thing non-BB users can point to and say "BlackBerrys don't even do podcasts".

Anyway, I could never get the newly uploaded podcast app to recognize or play my previously downloaded podcasts, so I moved them into my Torch's music folder and will have to play them as if they were songs from a CD. It seems to work fine, although it still leaves me with an inept podcast client and without a native podcast catalog to browse.

Will hope BB10 addresses this in a productive way.
    12-03-12 09:46 AM
    Imho , its a completely useless app , im not sure what it is for even
    12-03-12 10:37 AM
    ^^ In its current form it does seem rather useless (unless you're in a country where it's still functional), but in OS6 it was quite worthwhile and useful. Not sure why RIM killed it here but kept it available in other countries. Sucks, really.
    12-03-12 12:54 PM
    I completely gave up on it, I tried Pod Trapper for a while too but gave that one up too. I now just use iTunes and DM to sync the podcasts and it works much better and faster.
    12-04-12 04:51 AM
    Through more experimentation I've found that it's easier to find the mobile web pages with the podcast you'd like to subscribe to, then find actual podcast RSS feed page (usually pretty easy to find), then click the BB menu button, then "Subscribe to this podcast RSS" option. Going at it the other way (from within the podcast app) always seems to yield a message saying "No podcasts are found on this page" even when I know they are, so I was glad to see there's a menu option for subscribing directly from a web page.
    12-04-12 07:17 AM
    ^^ Update and correction to my above post -- it's not what I thought it was, unfortunately.

I had been excited to see what seemed to be a simple Menu option for subscribing to the podcast RSS, but unfortunately it just adds that RSS feed to the BB's Social Feeds RSS subscription rather actually subscribing to the podcast. Bummer. So now I could technically open up each received page I've received through the RSS feed, then open and download the podcast link on each page, but that's obviously a rather high maintenance way of "subscribing" to podcasts. Will keep trying, I guess.
    12-04-12 07:50 PM
    Thanks all for the info... agree fully, podcast app used to be at least passable in earlier versions. The 7.1 iteration is terrible. I'd ask for an alternative, but whatever... #26daysandcounting
    01-03-13 09:15 AM