Just as a side note to this topic, I downloaded an app called "WiFi Manager" that enables me to set certain locations for it to turn my wifi on and when I leave those locations it automatically turns my wifi off, so it just eliminates having you wifi on when your not using it.
    01-17-12 07:10 AM
    The improvements on 7.1 that I have seen vs what I experienced on 7.0 OS's:

- idle burn rate drop from 3+% to 1+%
    - no instanr drop of 8% right off the charger / nor instant jump of 8% to full 100% during charging.

The overall batt burn rate remains approx same (High!!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-12 07:27 AM
    7.1 working fine on this 9930, song id also not a problem, vz nav is my most imp app and it also is without glitches so far. If i want to use the "hotspot" capability, Ver chgs $20 monthly for 2 gigs of data.
    01-17-12 02:57 PM
    This is a known issue... And it takes an hour or 2 to happen depending on usage.

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction from my 9930 via Tapatalk
    Pffft....I usually go from 100 to 92 in about 30 mins tops. BeWeather checks for updates twice a day. Shut off any auto update for Ubersocial and rarely use the app. Just my phone sitting without any use will require a recharge within 9 hours. Discharge rates can be anywhere from -1 per 15 minutes to -6 per 15 minutes. Obviously increases with usage, but can be without usage. I have no other self updating programs ad I use my phone primarily for BBM, Text and work/personal emails. I had drainage issues prior to this OS, but 7.1 is dreadfully horrible. I have also been fighting a memory leak sometimes and when it leaks bad the battery obviously drops bad. I've had a lot of BB's with Verizon, with this one being the best designed one, but by far the worst battery drainage of any phone I have ever had.

Also, only since I went to 7.1 have I had a lag issue with calls. I press a speed dial number and it literally will not connect or show on my screen for a good 3 seconds. I am seriously contemplating going back to the original Verizon OS that came with the phone when it came out.
    02-11-12 02:17 PM
    I'm considering trying 7.1 but i was experiencing battery issues and the loss of password keeper when i did try it last. Even when i went back to 7.0 i had to manually add password keeper back. I didnt even check to see if i could when i was on 7.1 . Mt question is have you all been able to add password keeper back after the upgrade? I need to have it.
    02-11-12 04:14 PM
    I have 7.1 and I also use BerryWeather. It does have "Location Failed" in two spots I know of. One is in a patchy coverage area and another is in an area where the coverage is 1X or doesn't pickup. When I can get coverage at all, Berryweather reads the location as somewhere in China. Using the phone in this area does cause massive drain, and not-using it still causes drain unless I turn it off, of course.

However, once I leave the area, I do not notice the massive battery drain continuing.

One suggestion I can give, though, is to turn your mobile network off and then on again once you have left the psycho signal area. This helps me and it seems to help the phone re-acquire a good signal faster.
    02-11-12 04:33 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD