Hi CrackBerry,
    I've been trying to update my BlackBerry Bold 9900 all morning, going from OS 7.0 to OS 7.1.0.391. I'm an AT&T user, so I have to stick to an OS that will definitely not give me mic problems. Anyhow, I have been trying to update all morning. I've backed up my BB, downloaded the desktop manager, downloaded OS 7.1.0.391, deleted the vendor file, clicked run, plugged in my phone and nothing gets changed. I'm extremely frustrated, as I've followed all instructions I can find from multiple sites, combed multiple forums, and even tried and retried this entire process multiple times, all with no help an several hours wasted. Can someone please give me step by step instructions that will work for certain? I'd highly appreciate it. I'm doing this on Windows XP. It also might help informing you that I am primarily a Mac OS user, so some of the instructions I've found make little sense to me, and that I am also very very new to BlackBerry (I just got it last week).
    Thanks in advance!
    07-06-12 10:57 AM
    Hi CrackBerry,
    I've been trying to update my BlackBerry Bold 9900 all morning, going from OS 7.0 to OS 7.1.0.391. I'm an AT&T user, so I have to stick to an OS that will definitely not give me mic problems. Anyhow, I have been trying to update all morning. I've backed up my BB, downloaded the desktop manager, downloaded OS 7.1.0.391, deleted the vendor file, clicked run, plugged in my phone and nothing gets changed. I'm extremely frustrated, as I've followed all instructions I can find from multiple sites, combed multiple forums, and even tried and retried this entire process multiple times, all with no help an several hours wasted. Can someone please give me step by step instructions that will work for certain? I'd highly appreciate it. I'm doing this on Windows XP. It also might help informing you that I am primarily a Mac OS user, so some of the instructions I've found make little sense to me, and that I am also very very new to BlackBerry (I just got it last week).
    Thanks in advance!
    Is the new OS (.391) showing in DM as availabe to install ?

If not, you probably have a 2nd Vendor.xml file

Either run a program such as Vendelete or do a search of the hard drive for the second Vendor file making sure to check the search for hidden files option.
    ThatFratGuy likes this.
    07-06-12 11:05 AM
    It hasn't been showing up in DM. I'll search for some more vendor files and report back.
    07-06-12 11:11 AM
    That did the trick, good sir! My sanity thanks you.
    07-06-12 11:15 AM
    That did the trick, good sir! My sanity thanks you.
    Glad to be of help, enjoy 7.1 !!!
    07-06-12 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD